Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 274328 times)

Machair

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #855 on: May 12, 2017, 07:24:57 AM »

Thank you ladies for your wonderful support. I found one of those cooling strips in the med cupboard so went to bed with that on. Vision is back clear again, head has moderated from sledgehammer status! On we go but it made me think ER what you have been through even more. My heart goes out to you.xx

nearly50

« Reply #856 on: May 12, 2017, 07:32:23 AM »

Glad it is a bit better Machair, I've only get them a few times a year and agree that I've no idea how ER coped. The zigzag vision is quite scary. 

I had drenching nightsweats last night too, I always wake up so confused about what is happening, you'd think I'd be used to it by now!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. :)

Machair

« Reply #857 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:05 PM »

Oh no Sparkle and after so long without them you must be fed up. Are they in the day or at night? The ones I have have been isolated so far- two nights ago though I was drenched with sweat and my hair was soaking when I woke up around 2am. The only ones in the day seem to be when I start eating my meals either lunch or dinner- both seem to trigger them and I have to take off any knitwear quickly! In general though I would say mine are not really a feature yet. How many are you having and when do they occur?

Machair

« Reply #858 on: May 12, 2017, 08:48:41 PM »

Much better than I was Sparkle thank you- that was absolutely horrid. Still have a slight headache but so much better than the state I was in yesterday. Have a wonderful holiday- hope you have lovely weather and a calm time with lots of rest. I'm going away too soon for two weeks so may have gone when you get back.x

nearly50

« Reply #859 on: May 13, 2017, 08:10:07 AM »

Hope you both have a lovely time!

sparkle, maybe you're a bit anxious about the journey and getting there? Really hoping it all settles down when you arrive. Would love to go to Devon but it seems so expensive, especially as I'd have to fly.

I've just felt hot with a burning face and occasional hot flushes, it was pretty chilly the other morning and my friend was wrapped up against the wind and I had short sleeves with jacket off  :D I get extremely cold after eating, which makes no sense!

Back to having vivid dreams, according to my now epic 19 page document on my symptoms, this usually happens when oestrogen is low and I have a respite from periods, so hoping that's the case this time round :)

Off to get my roots sorted out, have a lovely day everyone :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #860 on: May 15, 2017, 12:32:30 PM »

Sorry girls for my tardy response, it's been like the storming of the Bastille here! Thank goodness everyone has left this morning. Feet up, tea in hand and a slice of lemon cake. It's wonderful to have guests but it's wonderful when everyone has left too!!

Machair I'm so glad the pesky mig died down. What are the hormones doing now? How are you feeling? I felt so sorry for you. They are such a shock to the system. xx

Sparkle have a fab holiday, hopefully the weather will be kind. xx

nearly50, hope the oestrogen low continues despite the bother of the flushes. It would be nice to have another very long bleed free period. If it's any consolation my cycles in late peri would have a few crushed together and then a few long ones. I always always felt a million times worse when they were short anovulatory cycles. Fingers crossed for a 6 month gap! xx

Machair

« Reply #861 on: May 15, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »

Lovely to hear from you ER. The lemon cake sounds like heaven. I had a gorgeous raspberry and rose cake in John lewis at the weekend!

Migraine went but it was a living hell. Had palpitations that night too so I am sure it was hormonal. I found a cooling strip in my med cupboard that I bought after the last one and what a relief that was! It is the visual disturbances that I hate the most and the banging head. My heart goes out to you- are you getting any now or have they abated completely?

Hormonally I am up and down - I had a run of high oestrogen days just before the migraine and they seem to have stopped now for the moment.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #862 on: May 15, 2017, 01:07:50 PM »

Oh I'm sorry for you Machair, it certainly sounds as if the oestrogen crash triggered it. They are living hell there's no doubt about that. When they are at their worst it feels as if your body could not possibly survive such pain. I really feel for you.

I don't want to tempt fate but it's as if a switch has been flicked. They have just disappeared. It is nothing short of miraculous. If I start the day with a mild one, even a Diclofenac will shift it, that has simply never happened before. My social life had returned to full on, thanks to hubby who is making the most of the change in fortunes and inviting all and sundry and filling the diary daily. Have to say it's exhausting but I've spend the best part of the last 16 years not able to leave the house sometimes for weeks at a time. The transformation is unbelievable.

I can't remember the name of the member, I'll try to find it, but she swore by a cooling strip but I can't remember what it was called. Perhaps keep a few in the cupboard if it helped. Over the years I have been gifted all sorts of devices in the hope that a miracle cure might be found. Sadly nothing worked for me but many people seem to get relief from these things. My philosophy is very much, try anything. If something works for you, embrace it, you don't need a scientific analysis or study to confirm what it is or isn't doing!!

Hopefully you'll have a long period of low oestrogen now. It's the crazy surges and falls that really cause the problems, well they certainly did for me. Fingers crossed that you'll have a lovely calm spell xxx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #863 on: May 15, 2017, 04:21:11 PM »

Brilliant stuff Sparkle! Enjoy!! xx

nearly50

« Reply #864 on: May 15, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »

Sounds like youre6having a good time sparkle  :)

ER, how's your back? Didn't realise you'd hurt yourself so badly! 16 years of migraine is just awful, I really don't know how you coped.

6 months would be fantastic, can but hope!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #865 on: May 15, 2017, 05:47:27 PM »

Tee-hee this is me at the moment nearly50                 :crutch: i kid you not! xx

nearly50

« Reply #866 on: May 22, 2017, 10:58:08 AM »

Hello, just wanting to check in and wondering how everyone is doing? ER, how was the dentist and how's your husband? Sparkle, how was/is the holiday. And Machair how are your hormones doing?

I feel quite good, had a terrible panic that I was having yet another period, but haven't so am hoping for some quiet time. My burning face is becoming a comfort as I feel good when it is burning away :)

Swapped notes with my big sister and it is amazing how many symptoms I have that she had, but had no idea why. It is great seeing her, 4 years ahead of me and symptom free. Gives me hope, as do you all, being ahead of me (but hopefully by not too much) :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #867 on: May 22, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »

Dentist stressful, as you know I hate it!! Had loads of injections and they are now beginning to wear off so all becoming increasingly achey! Beurgh! No migs at all, totally weird, something has turned the off key! How they can just stop so abruptly is nothing short of miraculous. I'm not complaining though!

Hubby is in less pain which means he's beginning to move around. I was in this place a few years ago with him when a bone snapped a second time with him at the top of a ladder. I'm just hoping that memory is fixed in his brain, never to be forgotten!! It's certainly fixed in mine!

That is so encouraging about your sister, really shows you what's to come. Some of us just seem to react really badly to these high peri oestrogen levels. I'm surmising that if you're flushing, that the oestrogen has dropped or is levelled out lower. Fingers crossed for a really really long cycle for you! xx
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:55:47 PM by Elizabethrose »

nearly50

« Reply #868 on: May 24, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »

Hi sparkle, great your holiday's been a good one :)
Burning face isn't constant, not sure if there are any triggers. Think it is probably just random.

Have to wear my reading glasses today and have heightened sense of smell and noise. Think this is what happens when oestregen is building (?) so will see where this journey takes me next :)

Machair

« Reply #869 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:21 AM »

Hello everyone- ER I so feel for you having to endure that at the dentist. It really is horrid. I once said to a dentist I would rather have a baby naturally than have a filling!

Sparkle your holiday sounds perfect. I am going soon, so really sorry if you don't hear from me for 2 weeks as there is very little in the way of internet or signal where I am going!

Hope all is well with you nearly50 and that your periods get less soon.

I am in a strange place really- since making some oestrogen but not as much. Day 46 today!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 76