Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76

Author Topic: Mucus and Staining /Spotting  (Read 273348 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Mucus and Staining /Spotting
« Reply #585 on: February 01, 2017, 07:56:22 AM »

Said it before...........Witches of Eastwick!!  ;)

My flushes started gradually, early days just a general hotness; then they became a feeling of slight pins and needles climbing my face, then later still slight warmth, followed later by the full 'whoa take your breathe away' sweep of heat!! Have to say I have been surprised by the way they have continued to morph, they are ever changing. I really do think that the Vagifem has made a difference, seems to have taken the edge off of them and certainly the day after using it I have a very slight awareness of my nipples. Sadly the pesky adrenaline surges have really ramped up - and they are a pain!

I wear open necked oxford shirts virtually all the time now with the cuffs left open too and sling round scarves or shawls that I can shrug off when I need to. When shopping I wear a shirt under a light coat, blazer or jacket because I think I would burst a blood vessel otherwise! Why are shops soooo hot?! xx

nearly50, I'm so glad that horrible bleed has stopped: have you always had long heavy bleeds, it must be exhausting? I had a pal who really struggled with it, I remember a business flight to Florence when she had to sit on a towel during the flight. She'd taken fresh clothes onto the plane 'just in case'. She was so embarrassed, I felt so sorry for her. Hopefully you'll get a nice long break before the next one! x

Thanks coldethyl, yep I was relieved when given the final ok for the heart especially after a few scary discussions earlier in the day. I have white coat syndrome and my bp was off the Richter scale. It always scares the pants off of the doctors especially as on the outside I appear totally calm and in control. One young doc went pale just as he was about to start the treadmill and promptly left to bring in the consultant. Think he thought I would have a massive heart attack in front of his eyes! Still don't know what's happening but not as troublesome at the moment so I thought I'd wait to see if it changes again. I seem to be batting off a cold, who knows!! Blimey you've been through the wars, so much was discovered by those scans, thank God for modern medicine. Hopefully you're on the home stretch now and will return to good health very soon. Thank you for your reassurance and support x

Machair

« Reply #586 on: February 01, 2017, 01:55:21 PM »

Sparkle that is me to a tee. Wake up at 3 or 4am hot and restless need the loo- open window - drive dog and husband mad as they are plunged into Arctic temperatures! Then get up and shower- again boiling, but by the afternoon freezing, and now wearing a warm thick jumper! If I'm not thinking I will wear this out later and regret it as I will be boiled in the Post Office! I think ER has the perfect solution shirts and shawls!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #587 on: February 01, 2017, 02:41:08 PM »

Oh dear ladies, I hate to say it but you seem right behind me! Uniqlo oxfords, cheap as chips, my absolute uniform at the moment. I need to be able to free my throat and wrists at a moments notice!! They are nowhere near as frequent as they were thank goodness, I think every 15 mins really would be a bit wearing by now!

Without a shadow of doubt, 3 or 4am is the witching hour irrespective of a woman's bedtime. Makes me sure that the blood sugars definitely play a part in this. Machair, I've always been a cold bird, love cold winter but always wrapped up tightly, nowadays I'm hot much of the time, irrespective of the flushes. I've barely worn coats this winter and haven't worn sweaters. At night I'm a nightmare, duvet off, duvet on and slept with a cotton blanket and a sheet from something like April till November. Haha the flushes were the last straw for my hubby and he set up camp in a different room, I was so sad!     :cheer:

My hubby was anxious at Christmas and kept trying to persuade me to do an A and E run but I was absolutely sure it wasn't my heart. I really think that I've been batting something off. Had a coldy feeling this week one morning but as usual it's disappeared again. My colds rarely develop. The adrenaline surges are now palpable before a flush and do grip my chest but that was a constant for weeks before so it couldn't have been the surges. It's so weird the way these things morph, I never physically felt the surges they just either woke me at night before a flush or alerted me to an imminent flush during the day. The chest feeling has calmed quite a bit though still there so I'll just watch it. I'm not unduly concerned.

Sparkle, a ****ly feeling sums it up perfectly!! Watch out girls you'll soon be.... :hotflash: :hotflash:

nearly50

« Reply #588 on: February 02, 2017, 09:51:21 AM »

nearly50, I'm so glad that horrible bleed has stopped: have you always had long heavy bleeds, it must be exhausting? I had a pal who really struggled with it, I remember a business flight to Florence when she had to sit on a towel during the flight. She'd taken fresh clothes onto the plane 'just in case'. She was so embarrassed, I felt so sorry for her. Hopefully you'll get a nice long break before the next one! x

I've been very lucky that they've never coincided with going away anywhere. They're not heavy for the whole time, this time just tapered off into nothing over a long time.

Funny about 3am being the witching hour, last night was the first time in a long time I haven't woken up at that time. 1am is another one for me. I felt a real sense of achievement waking up at 5, thinking I'd had 6 hours unbroken sleep. A woman I spoke to said she was worse at 3am even when she was working nights at a hospital.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #589 on: February 02, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »

Either way, it's easier to cope with in the winter when it's dark at that hour: despite blackout blinds and super heavy curtains, once I wake in the summer and it's light, I'm completely done for! I must be the only person in the world who loves winter including the dark mornings!! x

nearly50

« Reply #590 on: February 02, 2017, 06:01:02 PM »

I've bought blackout blinds from Amazon which don't let any light in at all - you'll see them if you type 'easyblackout' in amazon.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #591 on: February 02, 2017, 06:17:59 PM »

nearly50 my room is dark, no normal person would be affected by the very faint light that creeps around the edges of the curtains and the cracks around the door. Pesky migraines just make me super super light sensitive, it's ridiculous! Drives my husband nuts, especially when we're in hotel rooms as we have to cover up the abundance of modern day led lights on smoke detectors, clocks, rads, tvs etc.

nearly50

« Reply #592 on: February 02, 2017, 07:13:17 PM »

What a shame. I used to live in a tenement property with huge wooden shutters which blocked out everything - you'd wake up with no idea if it was day or night. I take it eye masks aren't any good - I imagine they'd be more likely to cause headaches.

Machair

« Reply #593 on: February 03, 2017, 08:41:00 PM »

My daughter had a gorgeous tenement property in Glasgow with those wooden shutters last year. It was wonderful and I loved staying there.x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #594 on: February 04, 2017, 05:45:28 PM »

So sorry nearly50, completely missed this! Nope can't do eye masks, if they are tight enough to stay on, they're too tight for the migs! I do have a black sock routine but if I tell you I'd sound like I need to be locked up!!

The wooden shutters sound fab in the tenement property, was it Victorian? My daughter has beautiful shutters in her Paris flat but they do shutters so well on the continent!

Hope you're well and Sparkle and Machair too! x

Machair

« Reply #595 on: February 04, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »

Ok here too thank you ER. Sparkle do you think you are going to have any more periods or do you think this is the end?

nearly50

« Reply #596 on: February 04, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »

I really want to hear the black sock routine!

Edwardian I think, as is the one I live on now. Lovely huge rooms with high ceilings but a nightmare to heat! Not that I feel it as much as I used to.

Feeling OK just now, all quite quiet. Have a job interview soon so just hoping brain fog stays away for that.

Nearly 5 weeks since last period, so pleased to get a break.

Hope you are migraine free

Machair

« Reply #597 on: February 04, 2017, 10:02:24 PM »

Not really sure Sparkle. High oestrogen signs from Jan 12th to 24th then nothing. Now on cycle day 29 after that half hearted attempt at a period for 5 days that ended on 11th Jan. Feel rather moody and PMT like so could be a period coming who knows or it could be oestrogen building again?

Elizabethrose

« Reply #598 on: February 05, 2017, 05:50:14 AM »

So 12 days Machair since the oestrogen dropped. How long is your luteal phase usually? x

Sparkle, nearly50, if I tell you I'd have to kill you!  ;) xx

Machair

« Reply #599 on: February 05, 2017, 08:38:26 AM »

I know I am doing just what ER did. I hope I stop soon! Bad news oestrogen high again this morning- off we go again! Could be a period going to start though as I have had that in the past- mucus and then a period begins. Watch this space!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:47:03 AM by Machair »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76