Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: visiting the toilet often  (Read 9572 times)

Midnight Shadow

visiting the toilet often
« on: April 08, 2016, 06:41:23 AM »

Have had another sleepless night. Up and down going to the toilet at least 7 times. As soon as I have been I want to go again and it really stings and burns. It might sound mad but I wish I had got a urine infection or cystitis then that could be treated. On holiday and worrying  myself silly about all this. All I want to do is enjoy myself. Need to pull myself together, that's easier said than done. Anyone else bothered by spending lots of pennies.

Ju Ju

Re: visiting the toilet often
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 07:10:33 AM »

I don't know if what you are experiencing what I experience sometimes, but I find if I drink at least in pint of water, it flushes things through and things subside. Yes, you do have to wait for things to settle before getting to sleep.

Have a lovely holiday!

Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 07:19:10 AM »

Hello I can't offer any help but sending love and sympathy. This was how I was too. I've been lucky I think. HRT has really helped this symptom.
Hour it settles for you soon xx

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 08:07:43 AM »

Thanks for the replies girls. Yes am taking Vagifem and have been on Kliovance for three weeks, very low dosage 1mg. Guess I haven't been on it long enough to make a big difference. Taking a urine sample to the local doctors to see if it is a urine infection. Hope it is and then can get some treatment. Hope you all have a better day. Anne.

linz57

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 08:59:25 AM »

I recently sent a urine sample to the doctor and he said it showed signs of infection yet the hospital results showed nothing. Makes you wonder eh?
He prescribed Trimethropin and things cleared up so yes, you're better getting a sample tested at your surgery as even slight infections can cause urinary frequency

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 12:48:33 PM »

Unless the sample was sent to a Lab for 'growing' Linz57, there is no way that a GP can diagnose an infection  ::).  The AD you were prescribed will clear up symptoms but I was never able to tolerate a whole Course.  You need to have local HRT not ADs as the whole World is becoming resistant!

Drink plenty.  Restricting liquid intake causes the kidneys to work harder = irritation of the bladder.

linz57

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 12:58:32 PM »

He did say he couldn't diagnose until lab tests were back ,but he has years of experience and said that from what he could find from a dipstick test it looked like an infection.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 01:24:21 PM »

Dipsticks usually show evidence of blood which is what many GPs tend to prescribe on.  Wonder what type of 'sticks' he has?  Interesting.

Maryjane

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »

The top UK professor on UTIs wants dip sticks band from GPs surgerys.

Halfpint

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 02:07:37 PM »

You have similar symptoms to my Mother who has been suffering from UTI's for around 20 years. She takes a tablet each night before bedtime. Sorry, I don't know the name. Mind you, it doesn't help her much. She is up and down all night to the loo. She gets pain as well. Dr's did eventually prescribe her half an antibiotic to take each night but due to other health problems she has, they took her off them. She has had her kidneys scanned and one had shrunk but she takes lots of other tablets that can damage the kidneys and she has high blood pressure. Her Dr does the dip stick test but then always says they will have to send it off to the local hospital for testing and she has to phone back to see if she needs antibiotics which she nearly always does.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »

Thanks for all the replies. The practice nurse at the surgery I visited was lovely. She said there was no infection, I have recently had a urine sample sent to the hospital from my local surgery. Again, no infection. Guess like someone said I am not drinking enough. I do have three kidneys, so new regime is to drink plenty throughout the day. Pleased to say I was much better until 1.30PM. Have been burning since then, still half a better day is not so bad. Am I right in thinking the tissues in that delicate area are so eostrogen deprived that is why it burns when having spent a penny? Hope my Kliovance and Vagifem work very soon. Took six months last time to get success with the Vagifem. This site is wonderful and so reassuring. Keep up the good work. Anne.

elsie001

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 08:55:01 PM »

Yup, I have nights like that when I'm suffering with insomnia.  Tossing and turning doesn't help (am sure it makes the bladder feel full even when it isn't) & once you get it in your head that you need a wee, you definitely need to go!  I've had nights when I've been amazed at how much fluid I've passed!

I tried every insomnia remedy going with no great results, but haven't had problems since having the coil fitted so can only assume I was lacking progesterone - am 49 and peri.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 09:22:51 PM »

Maybe try Ovestin1g if the Vagifem isn't 'enough'  :-\  ???

When I have a panic attack, as I come 'down' from it, I pass huge quantities of urine every 10 mins. for about 2 hours.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 07:14:35 AM »

Is ovestin the same as estriol? If so I can't use it it makes the  burning even worse.  I, like all of us suffering this wretched atrophy just can't take anymore. We all need our lives back. Woke again this morning, burning, stinging and have had a good cry. Big hugs from Mum and sister were needed. Feel like a baby. Departing early from my holiday is not what I wanted to do, but I can't enjoy my days as the burning is so severe. Hopefully resting at home will give me some relief. Sorry for rambling, but have got myself in such a state. I just need reassurance. Xx Anne.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 01:18:50 PM »

Oh have a  :bighug: -  I know that I could not have tolerated the feeling of 'razor blades' up there - have you tried using Vagifem more often than prescribed?  Some ladies find they have to apply it every night ;-).
Pages: [1] 2 3