Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: hallo and help!  (Read 1446 times)

Caterina

hallo and help!
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:45:18 AM »

Hi! I've been feeling really low and then someone told me about this forum. Just reading the posts have made me feel better. I'm 52 and haven't had a period for about 6 months. I've been getting hot flushes which start with a feeling of what I can only describe as overwhelming despair! The flush itself is not too bad though I am kept awake with them at night. All this has coincided with my mum dying and a very stressful time at work. Also my children both doing exams so stressful at home too. I just feel so desperate sometimes. I feel I could cope if I knew this would only go on for a year or so but, from my reading, it seems that it could go on for 10 years or more! What do others do to cope? Grateful for any help and just for your support. x

Mandz

Re: hallo and help!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:54:30 AM »

Hi caterina

Just to say hello and welcome

So sorry to read of your mums passing, my sincere condolences, my thread further down from yours explains that I too am dealing with bereavement, meno etc ......

How is your support network? Partner/siblings? Friends? Also have you been to your gp? Medications??

You're not alone now you've joined MM. The ladies are lovely and offer loads of support and words of wisdom

Hugs m xx

Halfpint

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »

Hi Caterina,
My sisters menopause started around the time our father died and a stressful time at work for her. She did become very low and found it hard to cope with life for a while. She seemed to distance herself from us as a family for at least a year but things are better now. I'm in peri menopause and have been experiencing low moods and like you, I also have a child going through exams plus two other children going through puberty, so our home seems full or hormones and moody people!
I have found the forum a great help as no matter what you are experiencing it seems normal and lots of the other ladies are going through the same thing.
I was also surprised when I read that peri can last upto 10 years. I think I've been going through it for at least 2 years but this year it seems to be getting worse.
Welcome to the forum and hope it helps you.

Caterina

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 10:51:23 AM »

Thank you very much for your support. I did go to see my practice nurse but got stuck in a 'jolly hockey sticks, it's all fine' persona. My children are lovely but I don't want to give them something else to worry about. My husband is not that supportive but, to be fair, he does bear the brunt of my bad moods! I have lovely friends though. Thanks again x