Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: exhausted on hrt  (Read 2086 times)

Yammy1

exhausted on hrt
« on: March 16, 2016, 02:22:58 PM »

Hi i'm 1 week taking estrogel, had hysterectomy so only need estrogen but I am finding it hard to stay awake. I am totally exhausted all the time, just wondering if this is normal and will it ease in time also feeling a bit weird like i'm coming down with flu.  ty

Hurdity

Re: exhausted on hrt
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »

Tiredness/exhaustion is not one of oestrogen's side effects - it has the opposite effect. It is progesterone that has a sedative effect that can lead to tiredness, fatigue and depression at worst.

How long ago did you have your hysterectomy and did you keep your ovaries? Depending on how long ago - and if it was total + ovaries - your body will have been put into shock and hormones would be suddenly depleted. From what I understand this continues to become apparent for some time after the operation.

Do hope the oestrogen works soon so that you gradually feel better and less tired. If no ovaries then you may need testosterone as well.

Hopefully one of the hyster women will be along to help :)

Hurdity x

Yammy1

Re: exhausted on hrt
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »

Thank you.I had Hysterectomy 3 1/2 years ago, I kept ovaries but had blood tests a couple of weeks ago and doc said ovaries are no longer working, maybe my body is just getting used to hrt I 'll give it another few weeks to kick in