Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti Patches question can anyone help please  (Read 3058 times)

2102bunker

Evorel Conti Patches question can anyone help please
« on: March 16, 2016, 10:25:39 AM »

Hi Ladies

I forgot to put a new patch on yesterday after removing an expired one, I suffered really really bad period pains throughout the day, I was at work and so I couldn't go home and put a new one on.  As soon as I got home at 7pm I put a new one on and this morning I feel ok.

Has anyone else had this experience? I'd be really interested to know ladies please.

Also does anyone know if you have to wean yourself off this Evorel Conti patches???? as it doesn't mention anything on the info leaflet that accompanies the patches about this, very odd.  Can anyone advise me on this also please, I'd love to know.

I am going to come off these patches as I have period pains, bleeding, (which I have had checked out at the hospital and everything is fine), palpaptations, anxiety, depression and backache, I am NOT happy at all. 

Help and advise is very much appreciated ladies.

Hurdity

Re: Evorel Conti Patches question can anyone help please
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »

Hi 2012bunker

Sorry to hear about this. This is typical of what can happen when starting continuous combined HRT having been without oestrogen for some time. Most likely progestogen levels began to fall after you left the old patch on, which means perhaps your womb is now trying to shed the lining - if some has built up, so you might get a little bleed?

The continuous progestogen also can lead to the side effects you describe.

I know you are older but in your position I would have started off maybe either with half a patch - or else on a sequential regime - which would enable your body to get used to the new hormones, but also give a predictable withdrawal bleed. Lots of women feel as you do on a full Evorel conti patch and I think it is because of the norethisterone ( of course there are plenty of women who are fine too!). Some women end up cutting the patch in half but still suffer from anxiety - either because of the reduced oestrogen, or the continuous progestogen, or both.

I would not give up on this but ask to try a different HRT type. If you are happy with patches I would go for an oestrogen only patch (Estradot are very small) - starting with 25 mcg - and with Utrogestan ( micronised progesterone) for 10-11 days per month. You would then get a small bleed. After a while you could gradually increase to a larger dose patch until your symptoms were controlled, but without the horrible side effects.

Many of us - in late 50's or 60's choose to have a cycle because of the side effects of continuous progestogens.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Evorel Conti Patches question can anyone help please
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:46:29 PM »

:bounce: 4 new Member