Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: no period for 8 months now painful boobs again  (Read 2627 times)

Sarai

no period for 8 months now painful boobs again
« on: February 15, 2016, 12:01:08 PM »

This is so weird, my boobs had been great for so long. Oddly I used to take Boots Starflower oil and a month ago bought Sainsburys all quantities look the same but they have hurt and been swollen all month. I've just bought Boots again in the hope its them. But more concerned that after months of nice ones and 8 months no period and I am 54 I'm scared its starting again. i am still aware where my cycle would be, ie ovulation time symptoms, mood well varies minute to minute.
Oh how long does this all last.

Taz2

Re: no period for 8 months now painful boobs again
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 12:18:27 PM »

Hopefully it will be the change of product. It's such a disappointment when you have to start counting the months again isn't it? I remember that - I got to nine months twice before starting HRT at around 54.

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 12:26:39 PM »

Oh Sarai - nobody will be able to answer that question - we are all different.  I do think that at your age it sounds as though you must be nearing the end of the peri stage but that is not to say your ovaries won't have the occasional gasp and throw out some hormones to make you feel rotten at times. What is likely to be happening is you oestrogen levels will be gradually falling - I believe it takes up to 2 years after your final period for the hormones to bottom out. Whether meno symptoms will worsen or lessen over this time will again vary from women to women.  Taking Starflower or any supplement will not be dramatically effecting your hormones but it is important to look at  your lifestyle - diet, exercise and relaxation techniques - to help you through this time. I do think it is important to go fro good quality supplements - some fish oils are not processed as well - I'm taking Krill oil for my joints and it does seem better - though it's expensive..
If the flushes and nights sweats are making life a misery then HRT is still the best option. DG x

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 01:12:15 PM »

I am just so annoyed at feeling like I did in my 20's with the damn things again. I've just started a therapy Yoga too and that will be impossible in some positions right now.
I am lucky my night sweats stopped last summer as did my day time ones which were very in frequent.
In fact right now I am pretty cold.
Trouble is I keep thinking they will all come back any day now.  Because its such an unknown.
Oh well go to bed, go to sleep, wake up and on it goes. Thank goodness for my melatonin.