Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Promensil  (Read 4772 times)

Candy Floss

Promensil
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:52:24 AM »

I've been taking Promencil for 4-5 days now and I've not had a hot flush since.  I didn't think it would work being honest.

Dancinggirl

Re: Promensil
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 11:20:10 AM »

Are you peri menopausal?  Dg x

Candy Floss

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:32:17 AM »

I think so lol!  I've gone about 5 months without a P - so I don't know if it's started for real or not.  I've gone a few months before then the P's came back regular and normal.  So I'm hoping I am leaving the peri stage now.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:38:59 AM »

Candy Floss - You are still technically peri until you have been without a period of at least a year or are over 54.
What you have probably experienced is a spike in your hormones which has calmed your flushes down.
I doubt the Promensil would have worked so quickly I'm afraid, over a few months of use some studies have shown it can reduce the severity and number of flushes but this can vary greatly from women to women.  I personally do take some REd Clover as the Isoflavines are good to take anyway but I've never found they actually help with meno symptoms.   Your flushes may actually be calming down generally.   DG x

Candy Floss

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 11:43:20 AM »

This past four days I've also taken Berocca, cod liver oil, B-complex, folic acid, calcium with vit D, and garlic - could be that what's helping me?  I'll keep taking the Promensil - I got 2 packs of 30 - but it is expensive.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 04:35:42 PM »

Sadly I can't say that any supplements will be responsible for your flushes subsiding - I'm afraid it is more likely that you are having a natural oestrogen boost.
It doesn't do any real harm to take supplements, however a good diet and exercise regime is really important - Red Clover has health benefits and I believe can help reduce flushes etc for some women over time so I'd continue and see how things go.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »

Just to say also as Dancinggirl - that supplements are no substitute for a really good varied balanced diet of freshly cooked food made from scratch and few refined/processed foods,  lots of fruit, veg, fish, nuts, pulses etc, cutting out high carb/sweet foods. By all means take a few well chosen supplements in small doses but the diet is more important - especially at menopause, as well as increasing exercise.

Hurdity x :)

Candy Floss

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »

I definitely feel better when I eat sensibly.  I've got lactose intolerance and so I doubt I get enough of the vitamins and minerals that are in milk and milk products - especially calcium and some of the B vitamins - and whatever else is in the milk that I'm not allowed to have.