Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Upping to Femoston 2/10. Thoughts?  (Read 10969 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Upping to Femoston 2/10. Thoughts?
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »

Finished my first pack of Femoston 1/10 yesterday. Sadly, I only really had 10-12 decent days in it, but as soon as I started the combined tablets my mood really dropped and had the nasty background anxiety. I could cope (just about) but have mainly felt pretty miserable for the last 2 weeks. So overall, no better really than not taking HRT.

Saw my GP last night, as she wanted to see how I'd got on with 1/10. We're both very disappointed that it seems the progesterone really doesn't agree with me.

She has upped me to 2/10 but said I would probably react just the same to the progesterone this month, even though it's twice the amount of oestrogen.

She admits she has little experience of HRT, so wondered if anyone in here felt much better upping to 2/10, especially regarding mood/anxiety?

I see Annie Evans in 6 weeks anyway, so it doesn't matter too much if 2/10 doesn't help me (except I have several more miserable weeks to live through) and I expect (hope) she'll probably advocate oestrogel/Utro anyway.

Tinkerbellj

Re: Upping to Femoston 2/10. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:56:31 AM »

I started on this it did nothing for me. Gave me period type pain all the time.. it felt to strong if that makes sense? Hope it works for u.....

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »

I can a almost guarantee Dr Annie will put you on sandrena gel rubb ed into thigh and utrogestin I am on the utrogestin 7 days a month which is what Prof Studd and Nick Panay do for those progesterone intolerant ones I am 6 weeks and starting to feel good

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »

How long were you on 2/10 for Tinkerbelji? I didn't have any pain or discomfort on 1/10.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 11:30:21 AM »

I think you're probably right maryjane. Can I ask, are you using the gel and Utro for hormonal mood swings/anxiety too?

Milamam

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 02:39:54 PM »

Hi GRL,
I would give Femoston 2/10 a chance - you have nothing to lose until you see Dr. Evans. You may as well feel better on the extra dose of estrogen. I feel great on Femiston 2/10, would strongly recommend, but we are all different. I notice that you expect too much too soon from a tablet HRT. It does work but much slowly that patch/gel due to different absorbtion/ metabolism. It took me 3-4 months to say for sure that I feel better than before.

Milamam

dahliagirl

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »

I have started on 2/10.  I am on my third attempt.  I have given up twice because of palpitations and feeling stressed.  (This isn't what I would recommend to anyone else or myself  ::) )

Since I read on here something about the palpitations seeming worse with oestrogen and then settling down, I have given it another go. I am doing plenty of relaxation exercises, making sure I eat properly at all mealtimes and not skipping anything.  So far so good.

Overall, I feel better on it. :)  I found I was getting the palpitations on the lower dose anyway when I took notice.  The ones that were really bad and put me off were the result of sleep apnoea.  I am now trying not to sleep flat on my back, with my mouth wide open  ;)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:33 PM »

Thanks Milamam

I am going to try the 2/10 until I see Annie Evans. I would be thrilled if it worked well for me, as I really like the ease of just taking one tablet per day. But, like you say, it's only a few more weeks until I see Annie Evans which isn't long enough for the 2/10 to show what it can do.

But at least I will have one full cycle of 2/10 so should be able to guage if I react as badly to the progesterone again as I have with 1/10. I'm hoping that the stronger oestrogen will lessen the side effects of the progesterone more?

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 04:31:43 PM »

I was on it for just short of 3 months its was my fourth attempt at hrt I really hope it works for u. I did have sandrena gel when I had a coil in and I liked it!! Hated the coil thou so back to the drawing board x

Niamh

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 05:57:37 PM »

Hi GLR sorry you're still having a tough time, can't help much on this just wanted to give you hope as I think Annie will give you what I have or at least I think you should ask for it. We are so similar in background and although I get dips (which im hoping ease off) I get about 5-7 crap days a month the rest good....as you know this is Prof Studds prescription of 3 ostrogel pumps, utro for 7 days and I have testim (testosterone)...I really think this will work for you too :) hang in there not long x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 09:25:47 AM »

Thanks Niamh. How are you feeling at the moment? Did you up to 3 pumps in the end?

Niamh

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 09:48:01 AM »

Hi there yes I went back to 3 and I feel great! Sleeping brilliantly, good mood, energy etc :)))) I really recommend I know there will be another dip (im hoping not) but for now im just enjoying feeling human and happy x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 10:35:24 AM »

Hi GRL

Just a quick question about your appointment with Dr Annie Evans. Was there a long waiting list to see her? And will you be expecting to have blood tests at your appointment? I briefly looked at her website last night and am thinking of seeing her.

I'm currently on AD's which have got me over a difficult few months but I need to consider reintroducing HRT due to my age...44. I think we are a bit similar in terms of being progesterone intolerant.

In terms of F2/10, it seemed too strong for me too,but F1/10 didn't quite seem enough 🙄

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 11:09:34 AM »

Phew, that's good news Niamh. How many days have you been on 3 pumps? Do these days correspond to the first half of your cycle as well?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 11:13:07 AM »

Hi mis71

I don't know if she'll do a blood test? I wouldn't think so as I'm 45 now anyway, and will have been on Femoston 2/10 for 6 weeks anyway.

Like you, I felt 1/10 wasn't doing much of anything. I had about 10 good days, but then it was back to the low mood and anxiety once I started the combi tabs.

Have just started 2/10 yesterday, and waiting for my withdrawal bleed after finishing the pack of 1/10.

How did 2/10 make you feel?
Pages: [1] 2