Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Please Tell Me Things Will Get Better  (Read 5922 times)

Wantmylifeback

Re: Please Tell Me Things Will Get Better
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »

Hi Guys

Today is the day I start on my patches and I am so.............nervous, I am trying desperately to tell myself that it's all going to be great and this is the start of getting back to my old self, but I am terrified of feeling worse.  I have had a pretty good few days and I know it's all going to dip again in the next week or so and the rollercoaster will start again. 

Anyone else taking Estraderm MX 25 patches, support would be welcome

Thanks in advance :)

WMLB xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 05:33:40 PM »

Hi Wantmylifeback

Good luck and hope you feel better! That's quite a low dose but I presume you are very early in peri-menopause and you are starting like this to boost your oestrogen levels a little and especially just before your period? You might experience a few minor but temporary side effects but these should soon pass. What progestogen are you taking?

Hurdity x

Lizab

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 06:17:54 PM »

Good luck! I get so nervous about any new meds that I always hope to not feel any difference. Into week 3 for me and past my fear of side effects, I'm ready to feel a difference now.  ;D

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 08:14:37 PM »

Hi Hurdity

I have the mirena coil so don't need to take progesterone. My dr wanted to start low and see how things go. 

Thanks Lizab I too get very anxious about taking things, I just need to relax and let it do its work 😬

Lizab

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 09:10:34 PM »

Well, I first tried patches in October, but within 24 hours had a migraine and ripped it off. When I tried my second attempt, I had no noticeable reaction at all, so I guess the migraine was a coincidence. All that to say, if your nerves get to you, you can always abandon it for awhile and try again later.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 09:01:27 AM »

Hi Folks

Day 1 of patches, feeling fine, dull headache, slight nausea, and a wee bit confusion but nothing too bad and better than the last time. Heading off to RPM class to burn off some frustration. Will keep you all posted on how I get on over the next few days.

WMLB 😘

Dorothy

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »

Hope it works for you.  Please do let us know how you get on.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2016, 10:40:09 AM »

Morning ladies

Day 2 of patches and feeling fine, dull headache and a little detached but other than that feeling more up beat and positive, hope this is a sign of things to come 😃

Dorothy

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »

Early days but good you are getting on ok so far.
Pages: 1 [2]