Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Recurring Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 3776 times)

Midnight Shadow

Recurring Vaginal Atrophy
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:48:42 PM »

Hi everyone, haven't been on here for quite a while. Pleased to say my Vaginal Atrophy has been pretty non existent for 6 months. Have though suffered Vertigo and severe Balance issues for the past 7 months. Just thought I would ring the changes. Just wondered, has anyone else had months where they are Atrophy free and does it then flare up again? My Atrophy is really bad again. Sitting again at school with my lovely children is aggravating it. I will probably have to up my dosage of Vagifem and give myself a boost of that. Hoping it clears up in the next few weeks when I am not sitting on plastic chairs at school. Any advise would be appreciated.

Midnight Shadow.

Maryjane

Re: Recurring Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »

I have just seen Dr Annie Evans who said 5% of ladies need local and systemic HRT to control there VA which is what I am now on only ten days in. But things are happening.

ancient runner

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

Good things Maryjane? :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 03:55:16 PM »

Yes, I can go a few weeks between treatments but the moment the bladder irritation starts I go back to using Ovestin1mg for 3 nights.  Sorted ……..

Autumn

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »

I'm using Vagifem and was just wondering if you need to take a break from it as my doctor didn't mention that. Thanks. :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 06:30:08 PM »

If you stop Vagifem the VA will probably return - you shouldn't need to take a gap.  Dg x

Autumn

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »

If you stop Vagifem the VA will probably return - you shouldn't need to take a gap.  Dg x
Brilliant! :thankyou: Thank you Dancinggirl. xx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »

Midnight Shadow - are you on HRT as well? If not then many women find the prescribed dose of Vagifem insufficient - after all the dose was reduced drastically from the previous one ( 2 x 25 mcg twice a week down to 2 x 10 mcg twice a week) so some docs are happy for this to be increased - even doubled or more. Some women need a re-load ( ie every day for 2 weeks) every now and again too.

Hurdity x