Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Burning Atrophy  (Read 2156 times)

Midnight Shadow

Burning Atrophy
« on: December 29, 2015, 10:06:37 PM »

When Vaginal Atrophy returns, you forget how bad it was. I haven't had it for six months. Now using Vagifem reload and will then continue twice weekly. Also using Balance active menopausal pessaries plus. Has anyone else used these pessaries?Just wish there was a soothing cream for the external parts especially for when one has to go to the toilet. Wow, forgotten how bad the burning is. Keep trawling the Internet for a miracle cure, but like so many of us haven't found one yet. Suppose I need to be more patient and wait for the Vagifem to work. If I find a cure I will let you all know.  Great website and reassuring to know I am not alone. Hope we all improve very soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Burning Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 10:27:56 PM »

LIVE yoghurt - applied down there will be cold but soothing  ;)

Jenna

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »

Hi Midnight Shadow - I use Estriol Cream (new name for Gynest Cream) twice a week instead of Vagifem, as a Gynae advised that it would be more suitable for me as I can have a lot of soreness/burning externally as well, and it can be used where the problem is, whereas Vagifem doesn't reach that. I also use 'Yes' water-based vaginal moisturiser (can also be obtained on prescription) on the days I can't use Estriol Cream. I find that is very soothing and you can use it (underneath as well) whenever you need to. I hope that helps! (I have really suffered myself, so I can totally understand how you feel.) Good luck and I hope things soon improve for you!

SadLynda

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »

Much sympathy from me.

My cure was as Jenna above, all good now ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 01:23:45 PM »

For me it was like razor blades up there  >:(