Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good luck Dulciana  (Read 7404 times)

Claireylou

Good luck Dulciana
« on: December 12, 2015, 08:58:25 AM »

Good luck for tonight Dulciana. I hope that you enjoy every minute. I shall be thinking about you  :foryou:

Ju Ju

Re: Good luck Dulciana
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 09:45:45 AM »

Your virtual friends will be virtually there cheering you on...quietly! Don't want to distract your audience from your playing. Enjoy your performance!

limpy

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:54:40 AM »

Dulciana - You've done all the work, remember to enjoy yourself tonight :foryou:

Dulciana

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 11:22:03 AM »

Thank you all so much.  Unfortunately I've had a really bad night's sleep (4 hours) and am in a state this morning.  Oh, this ******  meno!!!   :'( :'(   

limpy

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »

Sorry you've had a bad night's sleep.
Relax this afternoon.
You may feel quite nervous before the concert - this is normal - it should start to reduce as soon as you start playing.
Concentrate on the music.

:bighug:

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »

Sure you will be fantastic. They say nerves are a good thing.  :-*

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »

All the very best for tonight.  Enjoy it and remember it xx

Galadriel

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 05:16:33 PM »

Good luck for tonight. You will be brilliant. Can't wait to hear how it went :foryou:

Galadriel x

Dulciana

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:01:45 AM »

I've done it, everybody!  I'm told it went well (it all passed in a bit of a blur!) and lots of people seemed to have enjoyed it.  The wrecked night??  Well, yes, it did take its toll, unfortunately, quite near the beginning.   I lost my concentration in the middle of a section full of repeated patterns and changing time signatures - I just didn't know where I was - and remember saying to my Hubby (who was turning pages) "Oh s**t!".   I kept going and got back on track, almost as if nothing had happened, but I knew and the conductor knew.   :-[    Nothing else untoward happened but - ugh!  I just wish it hadn't.  There was a bit of meno-insomnia-brain in the afternoon's rehearsal, too.   A lot of female members of the audience complemented me on my dress, which was nice, as I'd had it specially made for the event.  I want to tell the dressmaker who made it and let people know about her.  She's really good - and local and not over-priced.   Looking back, it was a lovely, happy evening - and I've got a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape to enjoy, as a token of the orchestra's esteem!     :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:04:15 AM by Dulciana »

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 08:56:54 AM »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Congratulations!!!

You deserve a bunch of flowers too   :foryou:

Galadriel

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 09:05:39 AM »

Yay! Relax and chill out today :medal: :congrats: :cancan:

Galadriel x

dazned

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »

Well done ,mission accomplished  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 09:16:15 AM »

Well done! You deserve a nice quiet Sunday. So feet up & watch a movie or two.  :medal:

Claireylou

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 10:05:37 AM »

Congratulations Dulciana. I was thinking about you all evening. Such an achievement. Feet up and enjoy that gorgeous bottle of wine  :foryou: :medal:

Ju Ju

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »

Well done! Did you hear me cheering? Find me a performer of any kind who doesn't make mistakes! What proves your professionalism is that you picked it up and carried on. Remember most people don't have the music in front of them, while the those who were aware were cheering you on. You coped. Now let that give you more trust in yourself for future recitals! You inspire me!
Pages: [1] 2