Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Kalms  (Read 7548 times)

Louisa

Kalms
« on: November 29, 2015, 08:19:18 AM »

Does anyone know if I can I take Kalms tablets as well as my hrt and levothyroxine?

dazned

Re: Kalms
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 09:10:40 AM »

Ask your local pharmacists,they know the possible interactions between most things.  ;)

limpy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:37:57 AM »

Like Dazned says, try a pharmacist, there may actually be some available today in supermarket pharmacies. Also, you could try an online drug interactions checker, they've been useful for me in the past.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »

From what I can see they are just herbal tablets? The info I looked up (the product leaflet) said that there could be interaction with other sedatives and to avoid excessive alcohol  ::).

The only herbal preparation mentioned in relation to HRT is St John's Wort and none in relation to levothyroxine (from what I could see).

How to find out is google whatever your medication is and then "spc" and you will get the detailed product information.  Summaries of Product Characteristics - as they are known, follow a standard format, and known interactions are found in section 4.5 - of whatever product it is you are looking up.

As the others have said - there are different ways of finding out too :)

Hurdity x

Louisa

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 06:42:58 PM »

Have looked at the patient info leaflet of both my hrt and levo, it doesn't say for can't but will ask the pharmacist tomorrow when in town, just to double check.  Thanks everyone.