Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: NO bleed on Evorel Sequi patches  (Read 24244 times)

Maisiebaker

NO bleed on Evorel Sequi patches
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:43:49 AM »

Hi,
This is my first post.

I am 47 and going through the menopause, as even though I have only had three periods in two years and the last one was only in March and because of that and my age my doctor has put me on both oestrogen and progesterone, I am now on my second patch of my second pack and have not had a bleed ? However lovely that is, because of thew reasons he gave that I had to have the progesterone I am a little concerned that I haven't. could anyone advise me on this please.

Thanks.

Nina

Re: NO bleed on Evorel Sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:00:02 AM »

Hello Maisie only 85% of women have a withdrawal bleed so you may be in the remaining 15% who don't.

I didn't either!

It states that somewhere on here - in the treatment section probably  :)

Maisiebaker

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:25:16 AM »

Hello Maisie only 85% of women have a withdrawal bleed so you may be in the remaining 15% who don't.

I didn't either!

It states that somewhere on here - in the treatment section probably  :)

Ah Okay thank you, so what does that mean regarding my womb lining ? Am I I more at risk of cancer if its not making the lining thinner ?
Sorry I am a bit of a newbie at all this.

Thanks again.

Galadriel

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »

Hi Maisie,

Sometimes I miss monthly bleeds on my prep too. I can usually tell if I'll get a bleed as my boobs will be very sore for 14 days prior. If I don't get sore boobs I don't bleed.

It doesn't bother me as I had an ablation a few years ago so there's not much lining left to stimulate.

If you a worried by this you should have a word with your GP or practice nurse for reassurance. They sometimes do telephone consultations for issues like this.

Galadriel x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »

Hi Maisiebaker

:welcomemm:

It may well be that you get a withdrawal bleed at a later stage.

Yes Nina the info is here about 85% getting a bleed (scroll down to the end of the tablet list!):
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

If you are not getting a bleed you do not have to worry about your womb lining because if there was any building up, after you change to the second lot of patches ( the Evorel conti ones) the progestogen changes the womb lining and then when you go back to the Evorel 50 ones (or just before you change back) the lining comes away as the progesterone level falls. It is the opposite problem that is usually more of a worry - ie unscheduled bleeding - because this can happen when the womb lining has overthickened.

Because you may be in late peri-menopause - then the two weeks on oestrogen alone may not be enough to make the lining grow much. If your own cycle kicks in again (sounds unlikely from what you say ie 3 periods in two years) then you may well get some bleeding. The progestogen is definitely doing its job - while you are on these patches (ie the second part of the pack) - the lining won't be building up at all.

If you are still worried, and to put your mind at rest - do contact your doc as Galadriel suggests.

Hurdity x

Maisiebaker

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 06:55:02 PM »

Hi,

Thank you to you both, I did call the doctors on Tuesday and should be getting a call back tomorrow. I had blood tests because of lack of periods and hot flushes then he called me and said I needed HRT so I chose the patches, I haven't seen him about it it was all done over the phone, They have almost stopped the hot flushes and I am sleeping better with no side affects so I was also a little worried they would say as I hadn't had a bleed that I would need to change to something else.
Thank you to the link about the 85%

Though its an expensive way of doing it, having to pay for two scripts in one box

x
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:00:17 PM by Maisiebaker »

bev18

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 08:40:54 PM »

I've been on it 3 months and haven't had a bleed and had ablation last October. I don't like the progesterone element I get the bloating swelling side effects .

But did cheat this month I stayed on oestrogen for a month because I was due to go on progesterone whilst due to go on a long haul holiday and didn't fancy being bloated while away. Felt fine on oestrogen only.