Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Just thought I'd say hello!  (Read 2131 times)

Autumn

Just thought I'd say hello!
« on: November 13, 2015, 12:17:18 PM »

Hello! :)

What a great forum! I've been lurking for the last couple of months and think you're all brilliant - so good to know the things I'm going through are common - though I wish for all women there weren't so many complications.

As a Reiki therapist I get a lot of menopausal women coming to me and I send them all this way! :)

Hurdity

Re: Just thought I'd say hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

Hello Autumn  :welcomemm: !!

Glad you are finding the forum helpful. There is also a huge amount of really useful information on the main site as I expect you know :)

Hurdity x

Autumn

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 12:41:12 PM »

Hello Autumn  :welcomemm: !!

Glad you are finding the forum helpful. There is also a huge amount of really useful information on the main site as I expect you know :)

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity!

Thank you for the welcome.

There really is SO much on here isn't there - great to see.

I think for me, apart from the fact that menopause is rarely spoken about (though getting a bit better in media now) it's the problem that GPs don't even really know much about menopause which is, to say the least, disappointing!! My female GP struggled saying the word vagina - saying 'down there' and looking at my pelvis when I went about VA!! ???
Good to be here to look after each other!! xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 01:26:24 PM »

Welcome to the forum. My icons are on strike!

Have you had any success helping women with menopausal symptoms with reiki?  I suppose it varies according to what is the problem.

Autumn

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 03:03:22 PM »

Welcome to the forum. My icons are on strike!

Have you had any success helping women with menopausal symptoms with reiki?  I suppose it varies according to what is the problem.

Hi Ju Ju!
 Thank you for the welcome - even without the icons! :P

Reiki can help with a lot of the symptoms like stress, anxiety attacks, pain - well a lot of things really because it helps to sooth and balance things, and the mind and body start to calm.
Really worth trying - even if it's just to give yourself 'time out' for an hour and looking after 'You'. :)x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 04:45:32 PM »

Welcome from me too.

We have a great new alternatives section and it would be great to get some hints and tips from you.
If you feel like it please start a new topic in that section.
Many of us would love to read about reiki and how to destress and also if it's helpful for anxiety and if it's something you can practice a bit yourself.

Thank you in anticipation  :)

Nice to have you with us.

Honeybun
X

Autumn

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »

Welcome from me too.

We have a great new alternatives section and it would be great to get some hints and tips from you.
If you feel like it please start a new topic in that section.
Many of us would love to read about reiki and how to destress and also if it's helpful for anxiety and if it's something you can practice a bit yourself.

Thank you in anticipation  :)

Nice to have you with us.

Honeybun
X

Thank you Honeybun - oooh, that's a great idea! I have looked into - and tried! - so many 'alternatives' and do have a few things that work for me but know other things that work for others too!! Will be happy to tell all! :) x

Autumn

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 10:32:04 PM »

Hi Autumn, I'd echo everything Honeybun just said. I'd be very interested to hear a bit more about reiki, and will keep a watchful eye on the 'alternatives' section.  ;)

Thank you too Grangravy...I will try to write something by Monday!x  :)