Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Terrible headache again  (Read 1901 times)

Sunnydays

Terrible headache again
« on: November 11, 2015, 06:11:46 PM »

I feel at the point of despair. I've been taking oestrogen only for nearly 5 weeks; felt initially fine except for a couple of blips - bit of a headache bloaty tummy - but they disappeared and I was feeling good, sleeping well etc. I noticed the past week a bit of a change and I almost wondered if the patch was absorbing. The occasional sweats, tummy increasingly uncomfortable and yesterday a mega headache which I still have and my stomach is so uncomfy.
I've been trying hrt since start of year and I either seem to react baly immediately; or feel immediately really good but 'side effects' kick in.
i've cut off half the patch (hard to see what is half as estradot is very small) as it's got to be this aggravating it.
I'm so annoyed, can't seem to live without hrt but can't live with it.
Sorry, I needed to vent.

Sunnydays

Re: Terrible headache again
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 06:19:19 PM »

I forgot to say that I feel just like I used to before a period all those years ago - the headache, the bloated tummy, generally yuk. Now i'm not even having progesterone so goodness knows what it will be like when I'm due to take that part of the hrt. :'(

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 06:32:27 PM »

Five weeks isn't a long time - it does take 3-6 months on a particular regime for your  body to adjust and settle.
The headaches may not be anything to do with HRT. Headaches can be to do with all sorts of things e.g. neck and back tension, lack of sleep, onset of a virus, sinus troubles etc. It's easy to blame HRT for many things.
I would suggest you stick with an HRT regime very strictly for at least 3 months to see if things are working or not.
HRT won't solve everything  - there is a compromise with most treatments.  Dg x

Sunnydays

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »

You're quite right DG and I'm just feeling sorry for myself and fed up with snippets of feeling good and then the carpet pulled from under my feet.