Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Weirded headaches  (Read 3123 times)

Smokey

Weirded headaches
« on: November 05, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »

Hi,

I have strange headaches, can anyone tell me how often they get them if they do and whether they think it's hormone related or something else.
Mine are like fuzzy feeling and sometimes tight around the top of my head. Could these be tension headaches? The tightness around my head goes after paracetamol but the fuzziness seems to stay,
My dry eyes seems much worse too. I was thinking of trying the omega 7 capsules as I've heard good results from them.

I'm also coming off some Antidepressants too, and wonder if this could be the cause? But then I've also had them when I have my period but only a couple every month, I'm so fed up with trying to find out what's causing what!

Any advise of what to take if they are tension headaches.

Thanks Ann x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weirded headaches
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »

Firstly do you need to stop the ADs? are you weaning off under GP supervision?

Hormones can cause headaches.  As can dehydration, are you drinking enough?  Many people find that headaches go if they drink often enough, so that the urine is straw coloured: any lighter and it's too much!

Everything dries up during meno., have you tried eye-drops, a Pharmacist can advise  ;)

How often do you need to take Paracetamol?  I take Nurofen immediately my head begins to ache regardless of the possible reason otherwise I feel sick.  It gets rid of the pain!

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »

Thanks for your replies

I am drinking enough as my wee is straw coloured, also coming off ads with docs permission I don't think it's them,and it's slowly too.

I use Clinitus 2% gel drops prescribed by doc, at the moment I'm using them every couple of hours, and I have just ordered a supply of omega 7 caplsels from menopause shop on here.

I usual take paracetamol only when really necessary I find the dissolving ones work the best.

I think the constipation I have endured is al last relieved now due to my reduction of ads as now down to 60mg as they were the culprit.

Ann x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 05:31:02 PM »

'down' to 60mg  :o is that daily?

Clinitus 2% gel  :-\ : too lazy to do a search  ::)

Why wait until the headache is 'bad', take the relief as soon as it starts? Paracetamol never works for me I have to use Anadin or Nurofen to get relief.

jgr

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »

Hi there, i get these headaches quite frequently. I can go for weeks without any and then i can get one every day for a few days. I have been going through the menopause coming up 4 years and have been on HRT patches for 31/2. Horrid things, they are probably the worse symptom for me. xx

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 09:51:19 PM »

CLKD yes 60mg each day was on 100 my aim is to get to 50 and to see how my mood is at that dose.
Having Ms could mean I am more likely to get get depression but they weren't prescribed for that so I am hoping my moods aren't to bad.

I normally take paracetamol as soon as I get these headaches, really they are not painful just uncomfortable and not very nice.

Clinitus drops are more lubricating as a gel is longer lasting than drops.

Jgr I'm sorry your suffering too, do you take anything for them?

Ann x

jgr

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 12:14:59 PM »

Hi smokey
If it turns into a headache then i need to reach for the paracetamol as it is one pain i cannot stand especially with my job, i need to be awake lol, but if it is just the wooly fuzzy feeling. i just have to ride the storm. xx