Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: When will the tears stop on HRT??  (Read 6649 times)

Goosieloosie

When will the tears stop on HRT??
« on: November 04, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »

Hi I began HRT almost 2 weeks ago and already I feel sooo much better, I'm actaully amazed at how quickly it has worked. I'm sleeping so much better, haven't had a migraine (which were really getting me down as I was waking almost every morning with migraine), libido has returned  ;) the constant hotness I felt has totally disappeared, honestly I had forgotten what it was like to feel cold  :o and the mood swings seem stable. I generally feel really well and near enough like the old me....apart from I'm still a bit teary, is this normal as it's still early days? I really did used to be constantly crying over trivial things and I don't seem to be as bad as that anymore but I've just been reading some stuff on here that I realised I'd been putting up with for years and I burst into tears  :(. I really don't want to still be crying every time someone looks at me or I read something so should I expect this to get better or would it be worth considering changing my HRT to another as I have to contact my GP in less than 2 weeks to let her know how I'm doing so she can prescribe more. I feel brill in every other way so I don't really want to mess around changing brands/doses etc?? I'm on Evorel conti patches.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: When will the tears stop on HRT??
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »

Two weeks is early and if the treatment you are on is helping, then go with it for at least 3 months.

How were you before each period?  I would sob the night before a bleed began even if a period wasn't due, sure enough, it would be there next morning.

Goosieloosie

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 11:18:29 PM »

Two weeks is early and if the treatment you are on is helping, then go with it for at least 3 months.

How were you before each period?  I would sob the night before a bleed began even if a period wasn't due, sure enough, it would be there next morning.

Thanks CLKD, Yes i figured it is a bit early, I just hope the tears go away  :( I don't think I was ever teary really when I was still having periods, I would suffer from PMT but never really noticed about the crying so it couldn't have been troublesome. Is anyone else out there still very weepy whilst on HRT??

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 05:08:20 PM »

As CLKD says two weeks is a very short time and the general advice is actually 3 months - so hopefully the tears will subside.

Where are you in menopause - ie what were your periods doing leading up to starting HRT - and how old are you?

I would give it a month at least and preferably 6 weeks - see how far into the 3 months you can get. However you might be able to tell before that. If it turns out that the tears don't go and you are post-menopausal then you will be able to try a different preparation. It's usually the progestogen in the conti HRTs that are the cause of any adverse side effects and there are others you can try if this is the case.

Hope you gradually feel better and better  :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »

You may find that you can tolerate the tearfulness if other symptoms are eased  ;) - little steps.

Goosieloosie

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 10:00:41 PM »

As CLKD says two weeks is a very short time and the general advice is actually 3 months - so hopefully the tears will subside.

Where are you in menopause - ie what were your periods doing leading up to starting HRT - and how old are you?

I would give it a month at least and preferably 6 weeks - see how far into the 3 months you can get. However you might be able to tell before that. If it turns out that the tears don't go and you are post-menopausal then you will be able to try a different preparation. It's usually the progestogen in the conti HRTs that are the cause of any adverse side effects and there are others you can try if this is the case.

Hope you gradually feel better and better  :)

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity, I will be 54 next weekend & haven't had a period in almost 15 months BUT I began with breakthrough bleeding yesterday  :( so now I'm wondering if that is the reason for my tearfulness?? My bleeding is like a very light period & I also had a migraine yesterday which I was getting quite regularly before I began HRT, in the 2 weeks I've been on it that is the first migraine I've had which is really good for me! So could it be that I'm having a sort of PMT? I don't know if the cycle still works like that  once on conti HRT  :-\

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »

Hi,
 sounds like a bit of PMT to me. This is very normal on HRT and I had it for 3 months until the tablets bedded in. Write a mood diary to see if it happens at a regular time. It should get better after 3 months , but being a teary once a month maybe cope able with if you generally feel much better. The good thing is that you are aware of this and you can monitor it. When I felt teary I tried to see the funny side if it was possible.

good luck

Peppermintyxx

robotwars

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »

When I was on Evorel sequi patches My husband called the second two weeks my sad patches !!!! LOL - Hoping this will improve on the new patches with different progesterone!!!! - Hope you feel better soon :)

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »

How R U celebrating?

Goosieloosie

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 08:28:12 PM »

Hello, thank you for your replies, I've had a really bad day today, very tearful I even cried when I saw I had these new replies  :o For the last few days I've felt really tense and snappy (as well as teary) so i definitely liken it to PMT but the most annoying thing is I'm still bleeding, it will be one week tomorrow since it began, it has been very much like a proper period even though it has been 15 months since I had my last one. I do have a Drs appointment for next Tuesday as I run out of patches then (first month on them will be over) but I don't really know what to discuss with her? Shall I stay on Evorel conti for the 3 months & see if I get better? Or possibly ask to change to Femseven conti? Or would a sequi be better? I want to go in there with a clear plan of what I want so I don't get swayed into something completely different that I know nothing about. Any advice appreciated as feeling really low at the min & we're going away for my birthday this weekend and I just feel it's going to be ruined  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 09:35:53 AM »

If you keep changing your body won't know if it's flying a bike or riding a kite!  If tears are the big problem and other symptoms less, then allow the body a chance to get 'used' to what you use already.  3 months really isn't long in the big scheme and you may find that other HRTs may/not suit.  It really is Trial and Error.

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - I kept Kleenex in business.

Goosieloosie

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 01:28:16 PM »

If you keep changing your body won't know if it's flying a bike or riding a kite!  If tears are the big problem and other symptoms less, then allow the body a chance to get 'used' to what you use already.  3 months really isn't long in the big scheme and you may find that other HRTs may/not suit.  It really is Trial and Error.

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - I kept Kleenex in business.

Thank you CLKD, I know I need to give it more time, I'm just a bit fed up with this constant bleeding aswell  >:( but I'll try very hard to persevere. Hoping when I go to Drs on Tuesday that she doesn't send me off for further tests with me bleeding this long?? I'm hoping she will just say it's 'normal' in the early days of conti HRT??

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 01:35:02 PM »

Let us know!

Goosieloosie

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 08:20:54 PM »

Let us know!
Thank you I will!! I'm feeling a little better today, not as grumpy and tense & the bleeding is beginning to slow up, more like spotting now, still annoying though as we're off to a hotel & spa tomorrow for my birthday weekend  >:(