Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: My Yaz Diary  (Read 13035 times)

Briony

Re: My Yaz Diary
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 06:44:24 PM »

I've posted over 1000 times, so not quite sure where they will be, but I remember having panics both when I started hrt (last Nov I think?) and Qlaira (early 2015?).
Here's one:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,27048.15.html

Chi chi

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 07:29:33 PM »

Thank you  :)

Chi chi

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 09:05:43 AM »

Day 5

Woke feeling quite refreshed and felt OK but as the day went on I started to feel down and flat  did improve slightly towards the evening.
I'm wondering if the prog is starting to have an effect now?

H- 0/1
E- 2/3
A- 1/2
M- 2/3
A-0

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »

It's odd how generally mood always seems to improve toward the evening? Even in my blackest days I tended to feel slightly better by supper time.

Chi Chi the first 2-3 weeks I was on Microgynon I was very up and down still. Things really improved on the 2nd pack when I only had 2-3 bad days out of about 28? But by the middle of the third pack my symptoms came back, I think because of a build up of too much progesterone?

Chi chi

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »

It is odd, I put it down to knowing I didn't have to go anywhere or see anyone, sounds awful doesn't it  :-\
When you say your symptoms returned during your third pack, which symptoms were they? Anxiety, low mood etc?

Briony

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 10:33:41 AM »

Me too. Always feel  better in the evening on a bad day. Think it is the knowledge that I can soon crawl into bed and not have to 'try' for the next 10 hours. I tend only to share my feelings and symptoms with you guys. IRL I've learned 'brave face' avoids judgement, especially at work!

Chi chi

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 10:37:23 AM »

Hubby actually said something last night that made me wonder, just off the cuff he remarked why not top up a bit with the Oestrogel? That got me thinking maybe part of it is because I'm having less now? I could be getting this all wrong but if I was on 4 pumps that works out at 3mg but with Yaz I'm only getting 2??
Like I say I could be working that out all wrong knowing me lol  ::)

Chi chi

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »

And me Briony! It's amazing how exhausting it is trying to act normal around people.

Briony

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 10:43:09 AM »

Hubby actually said something last night that made me wonder, just off the cuff he remarked why not top up a bit with the Oestrogel? That got me thinking maybe part of it is because I'm having less now? I could be getting this all wrong but if I was on 4 pumps that works out at 3mg but with Yaz I'm only getting 2??
Like I say I could be working that out all wrong knowing me lol  ::)

That makes sense to me. Isn't it what the consultant suggested too? Out of interest, why did they suggest Yaz over Yasmine (ie the 3mg pill) or even Marvelon?

Chi chi

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 11:05:11 AM »

It was prof studd that prescribed Yaz, I told him I remembered taking ovranette at 16 with no problems, had that for years but he said that's an awful pill??
It was Dr Annie Evans who suggested topping up with Oestrogel but that was with Qlaira

Dorothy

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »

It was prof studd that prescribed Yaz, I told him I remembered taking ovranette at 16 with no problems, had that for years but he said that's an awful pill??

:(  Did he say why Ovranette is awful?  That's the one I'm on  :o

Chi chi

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 03:38:15 PM »

Sorry Dorothy he didn't say  :-\

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 05:33:56 PM »

Chi chi my symptoms half way through the 3rd pack were anxiety, very low mood, feeling very fragile and near tears 24/7 and waking up riddled with dread and doom. These are always my symptoms, I have very few physical symptoms aside from stiff, achy ankles and hands.

I have often wondered how it would feel if I took the BCP + wore a 50mg patch? I still have loads left from when I was on HRT.

Briony

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 05:37:23 PM »

Dorothy, Ovranette is another name for Microgynon. It's the first choice to be prescribed as it's the cheapest and one of the safer combined pills. However, it is also the least estrogenic. That's why it would not be as good for anyone already low in estrogen. Despite me having a higher than average risk factor, my GP agreed that an estogenic pill was the better  starting point for me.

This explains it better than I can!  (See page two) x

http://www.avongpeducation.co.uk/handouts/2012/youngpersons/The%20pill%20ladder.pdf

Briony

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 05:42:41 PM »

Chi chi my symptoms half way through the 3rd pack were anxiety, very low mood, feeling very fragile and near tears 24/7 and waking up riddled with dread and doom. These are always my symptoms, I have very few physical symptoms aside from stiff, achy ankles and hands.

I have often wondered how it would feel if I took the BCP + wore a 50mg patch? I still have loads left from when I was on HRT.

It'll be interesting to see how you respond to the new pill, as it's at the other end of the 'scale' to Microgynon. These are the side effects listed for a progesterone dominant pill:

acne
• hirsutism
• vaginal dryness
• sustained weight gain
• low mood
• low libido especially if associated with low mood
• breast tenderness.

I struggle with side effects as the (high) estrogen and progesterone ones often over lap. However, what is evident is that low mood seems to be more indicative of high progesterone than it is high estrogen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4