Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: My Yaz Diary  (Read 13076 times)

Chi chi

My Yaz Diary
« on: October 21, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »

So after a lot of uncertainty about wether to try Yaz or Qlaira I decided on Yaz.
As I've found gypsyroselee's pill diary really interesting to follow I thought I'd do the same.

Here goes

Day 1

Took first tablet last night and woke feeling tired and a bit groggy and spaced out but this soon faded and I actually felt quite upbeat and optimistic, got quite a few things done that usually I couldn't be bothered with.

Headache- 0
Energy- 3 or 4
Anxiety- 1
Mood- 4
Aches and pains- 1
These are all scored out of 5, 0 being low and 5 being highest

Peterspots

Re: My Yaz Diary
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 04:52:16 PM »

Good luck. I hope with time it will be big fat 0s

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 04:52:32 PM »

Day 2
Woke feeling tired, on edge and a bit anxious. Mood is definitely lower today than yesterday and I haven't really felt like doing much.
Had a few mild tummy aches/ twinges this morning but They didn't last long.
Difficult to know at the moment if the dip is due to Yaz or just a normal down day?

H- 1
E- 2/3
A- 3/4
M- 2/3
A- 1

Chi chi

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »

Thank you peterspots  :)

Briony

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »

Really useful thread x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:48:50 PM »

This will be so useful to follow. And it will be interesting to compare and contrast :)

Chi chi

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »

Day 3

Woke up feeling pretty good considering I'd visited the bathroom 3 times during the night  ::)
Mood better than yesterday, not quite as good as Monday but not far off  :)

H- 0
E- 3
A- 1
M- 3
A- 1/2 bit of lower Backache

All in all fairly good day! Hope it continues  :)

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 12:00:13 PM »

I know it's still very early days but it seems I'm having 1 good day then 1 not so good day. I'm well aware that it could be worse and at least I'm getting some good days, still really frustrating though.
Will see how the rest of the day goes?

Briony

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 05:33:43 PM »

I'd really try not to read too much into your feelings at present. Like you say, it's incredibly early days and it could well be that how you're feeling is actually more to do with your own  hormones and any remnants of previous medication in your system than the new pill? It was definitely months before Q really had any positive impact on me - up til then it was a few side effects combined with my own hormones trying to stick their noses in!  x

PS For anyone interested in risks of the BCP, this might be interesting. I find it quite reassuring that it's likely we're more at risk of dvt  during pregnancy than on the pill.

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Documents/Jul_-_Sep_10_Contraceptives.pdf

Chi chi

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »

Thanks Briony, yeah really really early days, like you say I'm trying not to question things just yet  ;)
I've already found that actually having to write and really think about how I feel has been way harder than I thought  ??? Do I actually "feel" anxious, happy, sad etc or am I just thinking that way? If that makes sense??
The pregnancy DVT is very reassuring  :)
Still really confused as to whether Yaz and Yasmin are the same or different?  ???
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:47:20 PM by Chi chi »

Briony

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 07:41:28 PM »

They are the same progesterone (the controversial bit) but different levels of estrogen. Yaz is only 2mg, which is very low for a BCP.  The number of blank days is slightly different too. Yasmine is prescribed more often, hence reason Yaz doesn't often feature in reference materials. To confuse matters, I think that Eloine is another name used in the UK for Yaz now?  http://www.ukmi.nhs.uk/applications/ndo/record_view_open.asp?newDrugID=5831

Chi chi

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 08:21:25 PM »

Why do they have to give the same thing so many different names??  ::)

Chi chi

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 10:38:42 PM »

Day 4

Woke up feeling not particularly rested this morning, was a bit on edge and felt quite flat. Things dudnt really improve much through the day either, nothing major just that nagging background anxiety and doom. I have noticed that my mood can change within the hour though! Today it was mostly low and strangely it's got worse as the evenings gone on, usually lifts towards the evening.

H- 0/1
E- 2/3
A- 2/3
M- 2/3
A- 1

Mainly a down day  :-\

Briony

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 02:49:55 PM »

I agree re names. It's due to trade names v generic names, I guess (and possibly legal issues).

Know I have said it already, but try not to worry too much about your mood. Whilst the contraceptive effect works immediately, I reckon it was three months before my body responded emotionally/physically to the increased and constant hormones. If you look back to my earlier Qlaira posts, you'll see I was in a right state at times.

Big hugs xx

Chi chi

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 06:33:24 PM »

Thanks Briony X would you mind posting a link to it so I can have a read  :)

It feels like somethings changing? Progesterone issues maybe? But oddly I've had barely any headaches since starting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4