Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: new and scared  (Read 1854 times)

Blueblue

new and scared
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:35:37 PM »

Hi all
I'm a new member and facing my 1st talk with the doc tomorrow about the menopause. I know only the basics hot flushes, periods stopping etc. She is the one that told me about this web site and suggested I joined. I'm 49' mum of 3' wife of 27 years and top dog to 2 very cute and non questioning doggies who are at the moment sitting at my feet drooling over my chocolate cake.{need dutch courage } I'm allergic to alcohol so next best thing. 

dazned

Re: new and scared
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »

Hi and  :welcomemm:

Well if your Dr told you about us here she must be pretty clued up one would hope so don't stress about your appointment,write down all your questions and have a clear idea of what you want to achieve from your time with her. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 07:45:35 PM »

Date of last period
Any symptoms: i.e. hot flushes, anxiety, weight gain/loss ……. hopefully she will take BP and if suggesting blood tests that she will do a thyroid function ……

Have a browse round, pull down menus top of screen - we have a dog thread too  ;)

Blueblue

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 07:50:16 PM »

Thanks all cann't believe but almost started crying nice to know there is other people to talk to hubby trys bless him but not quite the same

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 07:56:46 PM »

You are no longer alone!  Is he going with you to the GP appt.?

Make that list  ;) - let us know how you get on!

BrightLight

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 02:01:34 PM »

Hi BlueBlue - hope your appointment went well.  I completely freaked out earlier this year when my periods starting changing and other minor symptoms that started to worry me - having realised it is due to the transition towards periods ending I have calmed down a lot, although I can't say I handle it well all of the time.  I am 45 and somehow thought this happened around mid 50's and didn't know anything about it at all.

It isn't an illness and some of the symptoms are temporary and others effect the way our bodies work ongoing, beyond the menopause.  There is lots of great advise on lifestyle and diet changes that can support us while these things shift about and if things are very challenging hormone replacement from your doctor.

Hopefully your GP has helped you feel OK about where you are on your particular journey x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »

Hi Blueblue

:welcomemm:

How did you get on at the docs?

Hurdity x