Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Weird symptom - not sure how to describe it  (Read 4167 times)

Nefersmum

Weird symptom - not sure how to describe it
« on: September 27, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »

Just lately I've been afflicted with a rather odd symptom and I'm struggling to describe it to anyone.   

The best way I can put it is that I have the occasional momentary change in perception.   I can be looking at a mag, watching telly or whatever and suddenly the colours seem momentarily stronger, the figures appear bigger and I get a bit of a 'thrill ride' tummy for a split second.  It's all very weird and fortunately goes away almost as suddenly as it appeared but it is disturbing, all the same.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weird symptom - not sure how to describe it
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:34:04 PM »

I get senses of 'unreality' ……. like I might be in the magazine article  ::) ……. also if I've been on the net for ages I feel unreal as I have become involved.  Difficult to describe.

It could, for U, be an adrenaline surge.  Or if you have a nerve in your neck it might be 'trapped' momentarily producing a weird sensation. 

Nefersmum

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »

Unreality is a good way to describe it.   It is a most peculiar thing and I've been reluctant to mention it to any friends and family because it is so bizarre.   

TropicalVon69

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 06:08:20 AM »

Yip, get this too Nefersmum....like stepping into another dimension for a few seconds hopefully lol and get a weird wired feeling too.....bloody awful x

Nefersmum

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »

I'm so glad to hear you say this TropicalVon69.   You are exactly right in that it is like stepping into the twilight zone for a couple of seconds.   It is awful, you are not wrong.   I've found the best way to deal with it is to just take a brief pause and draw a couple of breaths to steady myself.   It just catches you up short.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 06:26:32 AM »

I can sometimes feel like this all day, its horrid I know....everything looks and feels different some days and I can get frightened of the most peculiar things......hugs xxx

jorainbow

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »

It's could be derealisation/depersonalisation which often sits with anxiety. I sometimes get it when over tired and just ride it out til it passes. Not pleasant though but more common than you think especially when you brave it and ask other people!!

spider

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 09:29:15 PM »

Yip...me too.

Sometimes get "lost" momentarily and things seem really overwhelming for a short time till it passes.

I've now had a sort of cold shivery feeling over my head and neck which frightens me but I suppose yet another symptom of hormonal carnage 😁😁😁😁

Spider  :bighug:

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 06:09:52 PM »

Yeah sort of get that feeling too....like I've just become vacant for a moment and time stands still...weird...not liking the weirdies of peri atall x

Nefersmum

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »

I'm hugely reassured that I'm not the only one plagued with this.  I wasn't sure how to explain it but judging from what everyone else has said it's not uncommon.    Thanks guys for your input.  It has been hugely helpful.   I didn't know  who to ask at my end of things because it seemed so weird and off the wall.   

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 01:01:52 PM »

Yep.  Sort of get stuck in the moment.  This can be a form of epilepsy in children  ::)

For me I sort of stop.  Don't think anyone notices  ;)

Smokey

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 04:39:36 PM »

I get a feeling of everything seeming brighter and not quite real I see to get it quie often especially out side but I'm ok inside strange isn't it? Anyone else?

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 05:59:44 PM »

All the World is 'odd' except you and me: and even you are a little bit  ;)