Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I'm new on here (first post) but thought I would dive straight in...  (Read 4581 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I'm new on here (first post) but thought I would dive straight in...
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 04:37:06 PM »

'It's good to talk' - BT many years ago  ;)
I make lists - it helps get worries out of my brain and onto paper.  Lists of everything possible  ::)

I can prevaricate for England! I really can't face stuff that years ago I wouldn't think about.  I know once I begin a task it doesn't take as much time as thinking about putting it off does  ::)  :-\ …..

Get the Tax Form done!

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »

Hi, glad you found the talking therapy of this forum helps, it really does and I also am glad your GP was helpful.

I have been away for a couple of weeks because I was struggling with the laptop and the internet but I did not equate my feelings of low mood with the lack of sharing and input that you get on this forum.  I felt quite low when I  came in just now but already feel a bit better for reading a few posts, so your experience of feeling better after sharing make not be a co incidence at all.

Good luck  :)

Blueskye

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 09:49:17 PM »

I seem to have turned a massive corner.  Is it a coincidence that I posted on here then all things seemed to improve the following day.  One thing I did do that I hadn't done for a while was cried.  It's tough when you live alone sometimes (or it is for me) always trying to discuss things with yourself often seems to be a bit one- sided ::) BUT I gave myself one hell of a kick up the backside and I feel so much happier.   I will still go for my blood test in 10 days time but from being in a very low place I seem to have climbed out. Is this temporary, I don't know.    Without this sounding patronising I now realise and appreciate that so many women on here are having a truly dreadful time with the menopause :'( and really suffering and I think that put my own personal situation well and truly into perspective.  Without having been on this forum I was thinking my symptoms were pretty bad and with no one to chat to about it probably made it all seem a lot worse.  This place really is a Godsend.   I just want to thank you again for supporting people (like me)  you have never met and for sharing your very personal experiences with the menopause and offering advice even when many of you are going through some pretty bad times yourselves.   
Pages: 1 [2]