Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: St Johns Wort experiences  (Read 4269 times)

TropicalVon69

St Johns Wort experiences
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:51:51 PM »

Hi ladies, have any of you had good results from St Johns wort?....I've purchased some but just wanted a wee bit of feedback before I try it....thanks....another thing to try lol

notgivingin

Re: St Johns Wort experiences
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 04:56:29 PM »

Hi - Yes!! Im taking them - only 1 a day by Vogel called Hypericum . within a week my mood lifted, I am coping much better
with life in general although to be honest I have also made some personal adjustments to diet and exercise as well and have just had a wonderful holiday in the sun so all these will be a factor. Incidentally - being in a hot climate really helped with joint aches too. My daughter and mother were with me and we all noticed how we woke up less achey and stiff ! Lets all emigrate ;D

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:43:51 AM »

Thanks notgivingin.....totally on board with the immigration idea......we need warmth and sunshine.....that's good to know, I intend to start mine today too.....thanks for your feedback.....I really hope it makes a difference too xxx

TropicalVon69

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:00:27 AM »

Did you feel woozy when first taking sjw notgivingin?.....feel a bit weird n dizzy after taking this am.....obv meant emigration lol

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »

Hi TropicalVon69

Do you take HRT as well? You aren't supposed to take St John's Wort at the same time as HRT.

You probably know this or aren't on HRT but thought I'd mention just in case!  :)

Hurdity x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »

Thanks Hurdity , no not on hrt at the moment.....but thanks for your comment....that was really kind....have you tried sjw atall? X

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 08:30:28 PM »

I have taken St Johns Wort along side my HRT after discussion with my GP. She explained to me that it can....can being the operative word....interfere slightly....again slightly was emphasised....with the uptake of HRT.

She explained to me that if you are taking the pill then it's not advisable but as HRT is not used as a contraceptive , if you are prepared for the HRT not to work to its full capacity then it's fine to use.

I was ....and I did....and felt the benefits. A lot calmer was the positive thing for me.

Honeybun
X

TropicalVon69

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 06:28:15 AM »

Thanks honeybun, I just felt weird yesterday after taking it, though felt panicky before that.....just a not there feeling, though you'd think I'd be used to that with hormones....last night, however I felt better than lately but panicky again this morning...pre period....took 30 drops in a tincture as prescribed....thinking I and maybe cut it down.....just don't know tbh

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 08:38:50 AM »

I always took mine with food. It's takes a good few weeks before there is any noticeable difference in anxiety.
It's certainly not a quick fix, but a lot of people find it very helpful.

Honeyb
x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 11:02:16 AM »

Thanks HB that's good to know.....going to start off with a few drops n work up I think x

LellyM

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 10:02:00 AM »

I was taking sjw and found it helped like a very low dose AD. But now I am on prescription ADs I have to stop the sjw.

L

TropicalVon69

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 02:25:51 PM »

Thanks lelly m....felt totally weird on sjw so have stopped.x