Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: a little idea to help with anxiety  (Read 3540 times)

lyn

a little idea to help with anxiety
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:20:34 PM »

Hello everyone. After a week feeling on top of the world (started oestradot patch and herbal anti anxiety tablets) I woke up this morning and the old fears were back. I dragged myself out of bed and went to you tube. ...Tai chi with Don Fiore..only takes 8 minutes and the moves are so easy even an unfit person like me manages! It  seemed to give me a different focus and my anxiety dispelled somewhat. I have been doing these easy moves for a couple of weeks now, morning and evening.
I am not saying this is the golden cure for us anxious ones but it sort of halts you in your tracks and, as I said, re focuses you again.  I don't feel 100% but well enough to get on with the Father's Day lunch preparation. By the way...my usually light and fluffy cheesecake looks awful. I put too much gelatine in it. I guess that's another one for the thread about doing stupid things. Just as well there's an apple pie in the freezer... :-\

Hurdity

Re: a little idea to help with anxiety
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 08:21:39 AM »

Hello lyn

Sorry to hear about your anxiety. What a great thought - I had no idea you could learn Tai Chi on youtube. I am a great believer in any physical/mental activity or treatment that can help women (and people in general) cope with anxiety - especially due to the menopause - in addition to HRT if the anxiety is hormonal and instead of medication if possible!

Father's Day is it? I didn't know this day is celebrated on different days in different countries - but then why not as it isn't a traditional festival but a relatively recent date on the calendar! I'm sure your apple pie will be lovely!  Enjoy :)

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »

What a great idea. Is it this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtWqDxwwMg

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »

Hello lyn.

Coincidentally I have also been looking at Tai Chi on the internet. I think someone described it at ' meditative movement ' and from  what I've seen I would agree with that.
I hope it continues to help you and please keep us updated.

Wishing you and your family well on Father's Day!

Take care.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »

Many athletes use Tai Chi as relaxation.  In China apparently the Parks are full very early in the morning with people practising before going to work.  I bought DH a detailed book many years ago [10+] which he never opened and remains on the shelf.

It focuses the mind.  It is giving 'me' time to the person practising. 

lyn

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 02:27:53 AM »

Yes, Taz 2 , that is the one I do. It's very easy.
 Re. Father's Day: it went very well but my son gave his father (among other presents)  a bulk supply of ear plugs because he has to live with me, would you believe? He was just kidding but it got him the smallest serve of apple pie! I get the impression my family think I rant and rave a bit...this couldn't possibly be true. Could it? >:(

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:49:03 AM »

Well that's sounds a bit cheeky of him lyn!  >:( Hopefully he has a great sense of humour! And you of course  :)

Hurdity x