Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Electrosensitivity  (Read 3077 times)

babyjane

Electrosensitivity
« on: August 31, 2015, 09:03:49 AM »

Is electrosensitivity a real problem, a symptom of the 21st century technological age or all in the mind.

I have certainly had more problems with static since the menopause but that could just be a co-incidence.

I also don't feel so well if I spend too much time on my laptop and since I got a tablet I find it has got worse.  I get a strange sort of travel sick feeling and woozy head after using it.  I have noticed my anxiety levels and disturbed sleep are often worse after using my laptop or tablet too much.

Mobile signals, Wi fi signals are bouncing round our heads unseen all the time and we are not made to endure this and cannot escape it,  but people probably said the same about electricity when it first started.

dazned

Re: Electrosensitivity
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:07:51 AM »

Me too ! Much worse !
There is lots of scientific research on this showing it does cause problems especially with sleep infact it was on BBC breakfast this morning ! Spooky you mention it now .

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:06:02 AM »

I was using my new tablet the other night quite late and then went to bed soon afterwards.  I was still awake three hours later  :(

Note to self - put tablet away after tea  ::)

Seriously though, it is quite a cause for concern as technology increases all the time and we can't avoid it.

Unhinged

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »

Me too, if I sit on a laptop or computer for a few hours I start feeling really quite unwell and 'off-balance'. Must be something in it! x

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:10:58 AM »

Me too, if I sit on a laptop or computer for a few hours I start feeling really quite unwell and 'off-balance'. Must be something in it! x

perhaps it would help if you sat on a chair unhinged.............(sorry, couldn't resist, thank you for replying x)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:13:06 AM by babyjane »

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 10:12:36 AM »

I would imagine that does contribute Sparkle but I think my issue is the concentration on the screen with the backlight although I have reduced the brightness.

Unhinged

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 10:13:20 AM »

Babyjane, now I'm cracking up!  :drunklaf:

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 10:19:34 AM »

glad to give you a giggle unhinged x

Unhinged

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 10:28:47 AM »

Giggle? I'm nearly horizontal ... I can't shake this picture of my great fat backside trying to balance on top of a laptop! x 

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 12:15:55 PM »

:lol: :lol:

Short article here about blue light and it's effect on the body http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »

When we was a courting  :whist: [1970s] I suffered with static because there was a lot of nylon in clothing.  We would cuddle and then try to part, there would be a huge crackle  :o!  Even now when I get out of our Toyota after a journey I can get caught on the door with a sharp stab of static  :-\