Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Health complaint of the day  (Read 110175 times)

jedigirl

Re: Health complaint of the day
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »

Not usually CLKD , sometimes put an ice pack on by the end of the day. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2016, 04:51:07 PM »

I take Nurofen successfully, as soon as a headache begins or my back starts to ache, I swallow a tablet.  Himself uses those 'deep heat' creams, I expect it's the rubbing action that helps  ;) ……  with sciatica I find 1 tablet and a brisk walk usually eases the pain.   

linz57

« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2016, 08:39:59 PM »

The whole of my back is painful, my neck is painful, I have a very painful trigger point in my shoulder, my legs ache and I generally feel like cr*p. Something tells me I need to go back up to a full 50mg hrt patch. I feel I've aged 30 years in the month I've been on the half patch but until this week I really thought I was doing ok. Damn.....
You mentioned your husband uses that deep heat cream CLKD, I think I need to dig some out of the first aid box tonight otherwise I may need a winch and pulley to get my achy bones up to bed !
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:42:31 PM by linz57 »

Kymmie

« Reply #303 on: September 07, 2016, 08:54:36 PM »

This has to be my favourite thread. I was lurking - browsing reading this has answered all my million and one questions.

My compliant is growling grumbling Tummy

CLKD

« Reply #304 on: January 12, 2017, 08:59:32 PM »

Sciatica  >:( - can't even sit on the loo  :o

Annie0710

« Reply #305 on: January 12, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »

Sciatica  >:( - can't even sit on the loo  :o

You need to go to the loo! How on earth are you managing if you can't do that ?!

X

CLKD

« Reply #306 on: January 12, 2017, 09:07:45 PM »

I have to let go in small amounts .......... TMI?  I need to take some pain relief B4 my bath.  I think it's because I didn't bend correctly when loading the dishwasher  :-X

Night_Owl

« Reply #307 on: January 12, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »

Dry, itchy, sore eyes.

The Optician has suggested Lacri-Lube, to be used at night - I had no idea you could buy "lube" for the eyes!

Annie0710

« Reply #308 on: January 12, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »

Dry, itchy, sore eyes.

The Optician has suggested Lacri-Lube, to be used at night - I had no idea you could buy "lube" for the eyes!

I was told to use that, it didn't really work for me.  And then I had greasy eyes the next day x

CLKD

« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2017, 11:33:24 AM »

Fortunately after my bath the sciatica eased enough to be able to sit down when necessary ;-).

As for itchy eyes, mine feel dry, scratchy - like they have half of Brighton Beach in them  :sigh: then of course I rub, so they itch, feel dry ......

Night_Owl

« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2017, 05:57:29 PM »

Dry, itchy, sore eyes.

I was told to use that, it didn't really work for me.  And then I had greasy eyes the next day x

Annie, I have persevered with using the Lacri-Lube (only at night, just before bed would never use it during the day) and it's proving to be really good stuff - it has made a BIG difference to my dry eyes.  It's strange stuff - like putting vaseline in the eyes - and I can't see that well to get upstairs - however now I don't wake up in the night scratching my eyes which is a big bonus.  It washes off well in the shower the next morning.   I may be hooked on using this long-term as I'm drying out everywhere like an old prune.  Maybe worth another try?

Annie0710

« Reply #311 on: January 16, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »

Dry, itchy, sore eyes.

Annie, I have persevered with using the Lacri-Lube (only at night, just before bed would never use it during the day) and it's proving to be really good stuff - it has made a BIG difference to my dry eyes.  It's strange stuff - like putting vaseline in the eyes - and I can't see that well to get upstairs - however now I don't wake up in the night scratching my eyes which is a big bonus.  It washes off well in the shower the next morning.   I may be hooked on using this long-term as I'm drying out everywhere like an old prune.  Maybe worth another try?

Hi .  Yes I only get dry eyes during the night, they're fine daytime.  I'm a contact lens wearer and know what you mean about not being able to see when applied lol.  I'm on day 16 of Tibolone and I've noticed the last few days (could be coincidental) that they are improved, not perfect but can open and focus much quicker

If things go bad again I'll definitely try the gel again x

CLKD

« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »

Slow transit  :-[

babyjane

« Reply #313 on: January 18, 2017, 02:13:21 PM »

I use Systane eye drops and get them on prescription although you can buy them otc.  They are good too as they coat the eyeball and last a number of hours.  There are also systane gel drops which last even longer, overnight  :)

Slow transit is frustrating, annoying, antisocial and an unnecessary, stupid thing.  I think hormones(or lack of) can cause it as it occurs without warning at regular intervals with no change of diet or anything, and I make sure I drink enough every day.  >:( It's worse if I am out of routine or rushed in the morning.

CLKD

« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2020, 05:23:28 PM »

I am looking for a similar thread but can't find it.  Yet.

My complaint is: the Forum is iffy ........ causing repetitive strain injury  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24