Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Health complaint of the day  (Read 110192 times)

Re: Health complaint of the day
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »

Just read up on the recommendations for tick bites here. You wait and keep an eye on it for a week and if the redness is not gone by then you go see a doctor. Unless the red area around the bite becomes bigger than 5 cm in diameter, then you call right away.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2015, 04:01:16 PM »

:thankyou:  Sparkle - knew that I had read a story relating to Lyme disease in recent weeks but couldn't remember where  ::).  Not many UK GPs recognise the symptoms apparently so always good to get bumps, swellings, rashes etc. checked, go to a Pharmacy if necessary. 

We both have dry throats  :-\ but the itchy ears has improved and the sore throat went …..

« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2015, 04:11:08 PM »

Lyme disease has been a big news story here just recently as the founder of Phones4U and his whole family apparently all have Lyme disease and his son has been particularly badly affected.  I thought once you got the bullseye rash it was all a bit too late?  My daughter still gets nerve pain where the tick was on her back.

S x

In Sweden you can possibly get Lyme disease or the meningitis disease (TBE - don't know if you call it that too?) from ticks. Fortunately, mosts ticks don't carry the diseases, but in certain areas of Sweden TBE is quite common and vaccination is recommended if you live/spend a lot of time there. Otherwise, the recommendation is as I described it before. You wait and watch the bite carefully for a week. You usually get a redness around the tick bite, and some itching, but if it doesn't go away after about a week you should see a doctor. Or, like I wrote above, if the redness is greater than 5 centimeters in diameter. If I called the doctor's today and told them that I removed a tiny tick from the back of my thigh two days ago, and that it was a little red and itchy still, they would tell me to call them again in a few days if it didn't improve. I showed the bite to my mom today and she said that it looked exactly like hers did in the beginning. She was bit a few weeks ago and can still tell where the bite was (a slightly raised area).

Ticks suck... :( !!

CLKD

« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »

May I laugh …………  :P

The UK Lake District has sheep++ which is where people/dogs pick them up. 

Ronsmum

« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2015, 09:17:27 AM »

Mine health complaint of the day is puffy eyelids. Oh and shooting pains everywhere. Lovely eh

CLKD

« Reply #185 on: October 09, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »

Indigestion yesterday - so far 2-day nowt to report  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2015, 04:26:46 PM »

Cold.  Shivery.  DH has a Germ so I now worry that I've caught it  :-X

honeybun

« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »

Hope you manage to miss the germ.....what kind of germ ?
Lots of bugs doing the rounds in this mild weather.
I was talking to a friend who has younger kids and she said she was glad our schools have broken up for a week as they are heaving with tummy bugs, coughs and colds and a mixture of all three.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2015, 07:31:45 PM »

I managed to avoid hubby's throat thing from the other week, for which I am grateful!

My only complaint is an enormous  :hotflash: which I'm having just now. First one today. Maybe my tablets are working after all.

SadLynda

« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2015, 03:27:18 PM »

cold sores, on mouth and up nose :(

just ordered some 'Lysine' to see if that helps, but will be a few days yet.  Anyone have experience of these things and how to get shut? something else I only got in the last few years.

CLKD

« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »

Herpes zosta = cold sores.  There is a medication to apply immediately the itching notifies a sufferer …. and do avoid oral sex  ;)

I had mouth ulcers if 'low'.

Didn't get the Germ - yet.  DH is coughing, spluttering - like we both were 3 weeks ago  ::)

SadLynda

« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »

Herpes zosta = cold sores.  There is a medication to apply immediately the itching notifies a sufferer …. and do avoid oral sex  ;)

I had mouth ulcers if 'low'.

Didn't get the Germ - yet.  DH is coughing, spluttering - like we both were 3 weeks ago  ::)

;D Will remember that one 8)  might have to go in search of meds too - I am not really 'low' had a lot of stress though.

CLKD

« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »

Stress can cause viruses to erupt, think of shingles (same virus family  ;) ).  Mum and M in L both had bad falls and both had shingles a few weeks later.  Same GP told them it was shock.

SadLynda

« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2015, 10:58:41 AM »

oh fgs, I am doomed then.  I have L-ysine on order that is meant to be good.  fingers crossed.

CLKD

« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2015, 07:50:51 PM »

Hopefully it will ease symptoms.
Germ update - claggy throat but not as tired
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24