Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Health complaint of the day  (Read 110191 times)

SadLynda

Re: Health complaint of the day
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »

Thank you for reminding me, even being an irritable old bat is hormones ;) hope its not time for tears again tomorrow though.

CLKD - soon be Monday, (keep repeating this mantra)

Ellie - bad news about your back etc, cant be easy to maintain that smile.  Would you like me to go hit somebody for you? :beat: :poke2: :kick:

ellie

« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2015, 03:06:01 PM »

SadLyinda....what a good idea.....you can go and HIT the Surgeon who gave me a new knee six years ago, and while he was doing it he kindly damaged the nerves and soft tissue and I have had to walk with a walker ever since.....his name is...... :-X no better not....he knows who he is, don't you MR ####  :hotflash: :cuss: :crutch:

Limpy

« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »

Ellie - It must be horrid still having pain, even following your operation :hug:
But at least you know what caused it.

Sorry. I'me feeling a bit off at the moment, discovering I've broken an ankle and having no idea how or when it happened does that to a person.

ellie

« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2015, 03:46:17 PM »

Limpy how awful for you,,as you say I know who caused my knee pain (the #######) ...but breaking an ankle and not knowing, wow, must make you very nervous....Is it recent? Ouch ouch you poor thing  :hug:

Limpy

« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2015, 04:02:02 PM »

It's been sore for 3/4 weeks ish. Saw a GP after first week who suggested anti histamines and Ibuprofen thought it was insect bite. Anti Bs the next week, thought it was infection. This Tuesday say another GP who suggested xray, popped into MIU after that and eventually they found the break. The thing is I didn't know I'd done it, it was sore but nothing to suggest a break. There had been a fall about 4 weeks previous, ok the leg hurt but I was still walking on it, I still don't know when I did it   :-\

You're right about being nervous, especially as I still haven't heard from the fracture clinic yet. I tentatively mentioned getting a bone density scan done the latest GP but was told it was unlikely to be passed by the NHS they would just put me on calcium. There have been more relaxing times  ::)

ellie

« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2015, 04:12:01 PM »

I am lucky in a way....a couple of years ago I had a Dexi scan and  the results said I has ostiopennia  ( now I know that's spelt wrong) and I was given vitimin D.....A friend of mine goes to a experimental  place and they invited me for the scan........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2015, 04:21:53 PM »

However: if one has a pelvic scan it will show whether extra calcium is required  :bang: - which Planet is your GP on  >:(

Limpy

« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »

Hopefully It's just one of those things and nowt to do with bone thinning. I am already taking a vit D3 & calcium supplement. I did have a stumble at the end of July which I'd forgotten about so perhaps it was that. However I may just harangue the GP and see if I can get a dxa scan.

Ellie - What  will you do about getting your back pain sorted out?

Limpy

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »

However: if one has a pelvic scan it will show whether extra calcium is required  :bang: - which Planet is your GP on  >:(

That's what I said!

I think she's on planet hard up & budget cuts  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2015, 04:27:47 PM »

That xssd my mind  ::) but it will be better for her Budget if the scan shows that you don't require any more treatment!

SadLynda

« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2015, 11:21:23 AM »

Todays health complaint - mind not so bad 'quite up' fingers crossed.  Back Ache awful, woke up with it and its not getting any better :(

Briony

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2015, 12:18:36 PM »

Wish there was a magical button you could press that, whenever health anxiety strikes, it could confirm if it's 'just your hormones'! X

Ju Ju

« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »

The combination of IBS and a rectocele is my complaint. It would be nice not to have my life ruled by my bowels! I have to remind my self that they are doing their best!

Limpy

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2015, 12:48:17 PM »

Ankle less swollen and hot but hurts more.
But - The fracture clinic appointment has arrived and and I now have some crutches.

Katejo

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »

Yes CLKD, my sample came back from the lab showing no bacteria although I had chronic symptoms of a UTI.  I have been on  Vagifem for 6 months and use an Estraderm patch.  Going back next week to find out how to progress, my bladder is apparently tricking me into thinking I have a UTI but how you fix that is anyone's guess.  My Dr was brilliant and very understanding, he was a true star!

Just out of interest, were your chronic symptoms just the pain down below/vaginal irritation/repeated loo visits or did it include a temperature and aching all over? I have just had a test sample sent away and intend to see the GP about the results when I get back from holiday. I get bouts of this just before going away. I suspect that some of it is anxiety related. I get stressed about being ill on holiday!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24