Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: List of more unusual menopause symptoms - what are yours?  (Read 120279 times)

TraceyMc

Re: List of more unusual menopause symptoms - what are yours?
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »

I'm very new to the forum. I'm 18-months post meno and have just started a course of combined HRT.

Sore throat
Blocked nostrils
Lacklustre approach to life
Sleeping lots

What an interesting thread.  I started peri-menopause when I was 36 and it's only now I'm looking back thinking 'what was that all about"?

Kat66

« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2017, 06:21:18 AM »

Another symptom not sure how unusual but do any of you get real bad aches/  pains ( as in feel like bones are broken) to hobble about for an hour or so then for it just vanish? Had on tops of my feet before and lower back... almost feels like everything could go out of place with one slight movement?
  Many thanks
Also still having saliva on/off 😩

Kat66

« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »

Hi Sparkle thanks for replying. Its all a mystery isnt it! Ive traded symptoms in peri for new ones now almost 3years post! Do you still get these pains or have they gone now? Hope they have gone. Im feeling almost like my monthly is going to appear lower back aches now even my thighs are pulling aching now! Doesnt help I stand all day.. can feel health anx bubbling inside. Got a left sided pain too that I can add to the pot :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »

Yep.  Sometimes I walk bent over like a Witch.  I think that as oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains  >:(.  HORMONES  >:(

Kat66

« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2017, 04:31:26 AM »

Glad things are easing up sparkle. Yes feel likev a witch too CLKD by mood  as well as hobbling around... the broomstick would be quite handy.....  ;D
 Per I hit hard here too 2009... terrible time... 
In some ways things easier.. not sure if that's adjustment though. As symptoms can be quite fierce still ... the aches and pains phantom monthly cycles, tiredness and insomnia... hair loss...  Also newest one dry mouth alternating with excess saliva ::)  oh and stomach gurgling whining type noises.... feel like running to the hills.. if I could lol lol
 Thanks ladies... hope today is a good day for you all
       Kat66

Kat66

« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2017, 04:39:31 AM »

Sorry forgot to ask sparkle what is your right sided pain like and where  abouts. My left pain is just to the side of my belly button. It flares up then goes some days not noticeable then others on off all day.  :o
     Kat66

Kat66

« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2017, 09:54:07 PM »

Me again sparkle.. crikey you have had alot going off bless you. Like you say no wonder the aches and pains!! What /where are the diverticulitis symptoms you speak of Sparkle of you dont mind me asking. Thank you
   Kat66

Kat66

« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2017, 09:39:00 PM »

Thank you Sparle Im just trying to try and identify my symptoms wothout putting the fear of god into myself.. have awful health anxiety! Whch appeared with peri but still hang around now post!! Appreciate you sharing it helps immensely. Hoping you find some ease from symptoms. Quite wearing these symptoms arent they. I dont eat dairy soya or wheat but these stomach issues(pains) started more or less when.my periods stopped.
 Kat66

Kat66

« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2017, 08:22:06 PM »

Hi Sparkle sorrybthought I had replied to you. Not sure if I have ibs not been diagnosed but my stomach and bowel movements vary day to day depending on what I have eaten... still think there is some other foods besides dairy wheat and soya. That could be triggering this pain etc. Not sure how much or what symptoms contribute to ibs diagnosis. Like you said its all such a pain anywY peri, ibs, terrible it really is
 How are you today?

discokaren

« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2020, 07:20:27 PM »

I get funny turns hard to describe
Dizziness
Feeling faint
Feel sick
IBS
Choked up like throat closing or choking
Joint pain

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2020, 09:48:03 PM »

I used to get funny turns that I can't describe.
A feeling of illness, like your about to faint, and weird feelings deep inside the body.
A real horrible, and depressing feeling. Would come on from nowhere. One minute feeling ok, the next, the total opposite. 🤷‍♀️
I would always worry, even when I felt good, when it was going to strike again.
It holds you back from YOU, because you never know when it's about to happen.
Like in the middle of Sainsbury's, and you feel such a fool. I've held on tight to that trolly many a time, praying I'm not about to faint or something! 😠

Sally S

« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2020, 11:20:27 PM »

A few years back I started with hallucinations (Hypnopompic, I think they?re called) upon falling asleep- I'd then wake up really hot and see things with my eyes closed that weren't really there......geometric patterns, one time it looked like I was watching a little computer game with small people walking round (like Minecraft if you know it!) even when I opened my eyes I'd see things and I had to blink a few times and they would disappear. The scariest thing I saw was a dancing skeleton!!? I also used to wake up and smell strange smells that weren't there. This all stopped and it seems a coincidence that it was when I stopped the mini-pill.  A lot of the peri-meno symptoms ceased. It was quite distressing at the time.

christinedownsouth

« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2020, 07:00:15 PM »

I've just stumbled across this thread and I defiantly think I have some of the weirder symptoms - the two main things worrying me are electric tingly feelings and slurred speech in the afternoons. And now I have suddenly been hit by something like vaginitis and I have now got antibiotics - lovely! All of these topics I have posted on separatly and I would like to say thanks to you all for making me feel like I am not alone and offering advice x

Lalb1

« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2020, 07:31:24 PM »

I know this post is quite old now but in searching for some clarification I came across it.
I have recently started to get the muxux feeling in my throat,chest and my ears feel clogged. I get chest tightness and have in the last 4 weeks developed breathlessness. I've also got the blocked right side nostril! All these symptoms seem to have intensified since I had a bad bug at the beginning of March. I stopped taking my pill and have noticed how rough I've felt since. Got my 1st period today after 5 weeks.
I've had all bloods done and nothing other than low vit d showed up. I think a lot of it could be down to anxiety with all that's going off, and add to that I'm currently in the shielding high risk group so too much time to think.
Just wondered if anyone is still having these symptoms. any help, cures.. Thanks.

KarineT

« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2020, 05:27:11 PM »

Unhinged, I get most of these symptoms plus dizziness, low mood and cold chills.  I'm 49, nearly 50, and in perimenopause as I haven't had a period since January this year.  Doctors are pretty clueless when it comes to the menopause.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16