Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best thing to drink?  (Read 5732 times)

Spangles

Best thing to drink?
« on: August 28, 2015, 06:13:21 AM »

Hi
I suffer from anxiety in my tummy. I don't drink tea or coffe and avoid juices due to the acidic effects. I do during peppermint tea, camomile and green tea. I am finding these drinks are agrivating my tummy an was hoping some one may have some suggestions?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

honeybun

Re: Best thing to drink?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 06:19:40 AM »

Have you tried Red Bush Tea. I find it easy on my tummy and its good for you too.

Honeyb
x

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:25:56 AM »

Hi HB
I'm trying to stay away from teas as I'm starting to get tummy acid, but thankyou.
xXx

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 06:28:47 AM »

Red Bush is caffeine free and not very acidic at all.

Can't think what else you could try. It's difficult when you have an acidic tummy. Even water can make it worse.

Honeyb
x

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 08:54:58 AM »

My grandad used to swear by milk for tummy acid although I could imagine it being a bit sickly?

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 08:57:54 AM »

Milk makes my heartburn much much worse although for years I was told it would help. I think it's difficult to digest.

Are you taking anything for the heartburn Shell.

Sorry I can't remember if you have already said.

Honeyb
x

holly d

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 05:02:14 PM »

Hi,
 I have just started drinking coconut milk and almond milk also fennel tea, seems to be helping and my skin and hair improving.Hope you find something to settle tummy. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 05:07:11 PM »

If I drink too much liquid my tummy gets to gurgle …… doesn't matter what drink it is.

Flat coca cola is advised for upset tummies.  Open the bottle, store in the fridge, bring it out to warm a little and drink.  I drink black T with 2 sugars ………. for breakfast, mid-morning, after lunch and during the afternoon.

Goat products can help too.  Many people who suffer allergies drink goat milk or eat goat milk ice cream.

Unhinged

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 08:35:15 PM »

Hi Shellb,

I also have the stomach anxiety and also acid reflux, I find that ginger tea - as well as tasting lovely, settles my stomach. I buy "Twinings Settling Ginger", it's so good I now drink as much of that as normal tea (which aggravates the problem). Ginger tea actually calms the acid problem for me, ginger is known to settle the stomach, sometimes I also chew a small piece of raw ginger. Ginger tea is caffeine-free of course, no milk, so avoids some of the known aggravators too.

Unhinged x

Unhinged

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »

Sparkle - I have one right now, I ate some chocolate earlier and you know what that can do to us acid sufferers, so out comes the ginger, it's so nice I drink it by choice not only to settle my stomach! x

mandy43

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 09:55:56 PM »

Liquorice tea is really good for your stomach xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 04:54:54 PM »

DH puts grated ginger into most of our meals [except fish and chips  ::) ] and curry can be settling.  Lightly fried/grilled chicken slices with rice.  I was advised to swallow a Colpermin capsule within an hour of eating my main meals, that's 3 times a day then: my poo eventually smelt of peppermint  ::)

Eating little and often can stop the gurgles etc.. 

toffeecushion

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »

my poo eventually smelt of peppermint  ::)

Really? :)

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Taz x

getting_old

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »

I second the flat coca cola for calming upset stomachs, but just the original - the diet stuff makes things worse. When I've suffered an upset stomach it's often the only thing I can cope with for at least 24 hours afterwards.
Pages: [1] 2