Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patches  (Read 1629 times)

moonbeam121167

Patches
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:09:44 PM »

Hi need some advice again sorry , over a week last Monday (10th) I woke up scratching all over, coming out in small spots, I was so itchy I was making myself bleed, so it got so bad I took my patches off and then started to feel alot better, the itching slowly subsided a bit and also felt better in my self over the week, I didn't feel so foggy headed, my headaches were not as bad and my nausea was not that bad, felt better than I have for ages,  last Friday I started having some hot flushes but knew the amount of patches I was on (2x100mcg) was too much so I tried some gel, 2 pumps a day, felt ok but still my hot flushes were getting stronger, so this morning I added one 100mcg patch, well come 1pm I felt real awful, the itching was bad so I ripped it off and now feeling a bit better, not sure if its the actual patch thats the problem, but why after all this time is it causing the problem, or just too much estrogen, but thats 100mcg is half of what I was having, really dont know what to do, why now  >:( need some advice please

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Patches
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

Have a word with a Pharmacist  ??? ….. it may be the sticky preparation rather than the hormone?

dazned

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:29:36 PM »

Sounds like it's the patch,some people do get like an allergic reaction to it, we can become intolerant to something at anytime it would seem. Why do you need the patches if you have gel ,can you not just use that ?  :-\

moonbeam121167

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »

Hi went to my local pharmacist and she was uesless, I was on the patch for ages and have been ok skin wise, GP gave me the gel to top up to try weeks ago and then she decided that I was better off with 2 patches and had no skin issues until a week ago when I all of a sudden started to itch badly and get hives or spots, so why all of the sudden am I reacting like this, after a few hours off the patch and I am not itching too much and feeling a little better, god what us women have to put up with, really not sure what to do, I have 3 boxes of Zumenon 2mg pills, tempted to try one , all I want is to lead a normal life with headaches, nausea and now itching, its not too much to ask is it  :(

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »

Sorry to hear about this moonbeam. I can't really help  - but perhaps the itching and hives are due to something else if the patches have suited you up until now?

Hurdity x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »

Hurdity

thats what I thought  , I was in a bush that Sunday, so I thought maybe I had a bad reaction to it, it was so itchy I had to take my patches off and hadn't used anything for 5 days, and felt quite good, also I had been taken some Piriton, as I said before I put some gel on as I had some flushes and felt ok but thought  I put one patch only  this morning, but after a few hours of wearing only just one I felt god awful, bad nausea, itching, so about 1pm I ripped it off and felt slightly better, not sure what to do, so confused, I use the gel (2pumps, 1 morning and 1 at night) and I am fine, so I will have to continue with that for now, or even go back on Zumenon pill, don't know

moonbeam121167

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 11:54:08 AM »

Well put half of a 100mcg patch on this morning and so far I feel OK, no itching, no major nausea either,  going to continue with half a patch for a while and see how things go....

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 04:46:55 PM »

Let's hope you feel better soon  :)

Hurdity x