Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Broke down to my GP  (Read 16875 times)

SadLynda

Re: Broke down to my GP
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 06:25:21 PM »

Sorry Warwick I missed your update.  Its a horrid feeling I know but seems your hubby is doing his best to support you, bless him.

Hope you get something to help you feel better soon.

jgr - gets me too that we are not better informed, my poor daughter is getting bored to tears by all this so she knows what to expect and can get help asap.

Warwick, I told my nurse how great everyone here was too.

warwick01

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 03:12:23 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I have had some better days this week, although Monday was hard, cried all day. Still feel anxious and panickyy when I go out. I still feel my hormones are out of sink. I got my results today.
Estrodol - 281
prog - less than 1
FSH - 15.0

The Estrodol is low for someone using 4 pumps of oestrogel per day. Fingers crossed I have apt with private Gyne Consultant tomorrow......

p.s you ladies have given me strength when I was at my lowest :-*

Wxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »

:bighug:

Annie0710

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 07:41:47 PM »

Hopefully they'll fix you and you'll feel better soon

Fingers crossed for you xx

LellyM

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2015, 01:46:16 PM »

Don't ask me how I am 'cos I have to make a decision and that increases the likely hood of a panic attack  :beat: - however, we have a buzz word when out with family/friends which means I have to leave NOW!

Also - are there places that you can go with DH that is quiet? i.e. walks in the countryside …… away from noise and people.  I find when anxious that noise makes me feel worse. Cooking smells from pubs etc. can upset me as when anxious my senses are heightened!  Taking a picnic somewhere quiet? 

Little steps.  Sit down with DH and have a plan.  He will then feel included even if he can't empathise  ;)

CLKD, I love the idea of having a trigger word that means "Get me the hell out of here". I have done the same in the past when forced to go to a party I am not looking forward to. Just saying to the Hubster "How is yr back feeling" sounds innocuous but we know what it really means and give s a good lead into an excuse!

Lxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 04:08:19 PM »

Yep.  It saves me needing to justify to all around how I really feel  ;).

littleminnie

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »

How's it going Warwick, feeling any better?

Cwtch

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 04:51:35 PM »

Warwick01 I just wanted you to know emotional symptoms you describe match mine exactly. I feel a nervous wreck most of the time, morbid thoughts, anxiety, shaky etc. I take kalms - not sure they have any affect but it feels like I'm doing something! I'm trying to bear with it and take the same HRT 6months to settle down. Not sure HRT is the answer though. The worst is waking at 4am in a panic and not being able to calm myself down.  The only thing that's keeping me going is that I am up and down and I am hoping it will pass.

Dyan

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 06:32:14 PM »

Hi Warwick,
Just caught up with your thread.
Just want to say I'm thinking of you.
You will get there.
 :hug:  :foryou:
          X

warwick01

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 12:55:15 PM »

Hi - thanks for your support.

I have appointment later today with a Councillor that my GP referred me too. I don't want to sound negative but I know it will be the same advice re how to manage a panic attack i.e not to retreat.....

The problem is I truly believe the way I feel is a chemical  problem that is causing the anxiety. If I could just stop feeling so hyper, tense etc I could cope in situations.

I too wake around 4.00am in a panic, during the day I have adrenalin surges when trying to relax. I feel my body has adrenalin rushing through at speed. The strange head feeling I get as if Im about to faint may be due to the adrenalin.

I too pray this will pass :(  just to add I feel better in the evening until it starts again the following morning!

Wx

warwick01

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 04:35:36 PM »

Update re appointment today.

I met with the councillor today. She was running 30 minutes late which caused me more anxiety.

I almost left......thank goodness I didn't she was really good. I felt so much better when I left, yes I was in floods of tears (but she gave me hope) She listened and was spot on with the comments. Although I still think hormones are a contributory factor, I live in hope she will help me find some quality of life.

Unfortunately I will only have 2 appointments before she leaves, so fingers crossed there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Wx

babyjane

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 04:41:18 PM »

It's strange how it affects us in the early morning and gradually decreases as the day goes on - anyone know why? 

I have often wondered if it is related to cortisol, the 'flight or fight' hormone, which is highest in the mornings. Don't know why or what to do about it though  :-\

warwick01

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »

Babyjane - I think your spot on........ I feel as if Im constantly in fight or flight mode. The councillor also commented on that too.

She told me changing thoughts take longer what we need o do is change our behaviour by keeping as occupied as possible.

This must pass at some point :(

Wx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2015, 05:48:31 PM »

Warwick I completely agree with you that your symptoms are caused by chemical reactions. Your hormones, especially oestrogen are closely linked to your production of serotonin which is your feel good chemical in the brain.

My mood can dip massively and the pangs of anxiety can kick in in less time than it takes to drink a cup of tea. Not a single thing in my life has changed in those few minutes so it HAS to be chemical.

And then of course once you have experienced this awful anxiety/ low mood the fear of experiencing it again stays with you, and it's always at the back of your mind.

Dyan

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2015, 07:08:29 PM »

Glad you got on well with the councillor Warwick.
I agree with Gypsyroselee that your symptoms are caused by chemical reactions.
It is so true about the estrogen.
Hormones play a big part in how we feel.
They certainly helped me to feel normal again.
I take an AD for anxiety and I'm fine on that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4