Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Health anxiety again - poo colour this time  (Read 10156 times)

Sarai

Health anxiety again - poo colour this time
« on: August 10, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »

I simply cannot believe I am writing this, what the hell have i been reduced to? I'm fretting about the colour of my poo, I've spent hours today looking at images online.
All I can say mine is lighter brown than it used to be. Consistancy ok, shape ok. I know my diet is pretty light coloured to be honest as I don't drink tea or coffee recent months, have jacket potatoes nearly every day with raw carrot and cucumber, cheese and ham maybe. Just added in B complex vitamins which turn my wee yellow, drink apple juice, coconut water or water. Admittedly I'm not having as much dark chocolate either. Changed off a medication that did have tiny pink pills, oh god I don't know.
But today Im panicing like hell cant settle at all.

Sarai

Re: Health anxiety again - poo colour this time
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 02:51:59 PM »

sparkle my problem is I still have a gall bladder. I know bile is implicated in the colour so Im panicing I have a gall bladder obstruction, yet I know what that causes as my hubby had it, or some kind of liver disease as my mum died of liver cancer.
I actually feel my insides are working well right now too, not much wind, not much acid, well hardly ever.

SadLynda

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 03:02:03 PM »

I know nothing about poo, but I do know about anxiety...

Here is the wealth of my poo experience.  When I changed the dogs onto a raw food diet their poo changed, correct poo for a 'dog' is less of it and light enough to turn white in time with the bone content of the food.  This 'may' mean that a healthier diet gives us better poo?

Sorry, I know we are not dogs but just thought I would share that, if nothing else my lack of knowlegde might just raise a smile ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »

If you are worried about your poo then visit your doctor but I expect your colour will be 'within normal range'.

I agree with feeding dogs a raw diet - when I was a kid dog poo was white and crumbled because it was non commercial.  Ours had what we ate: cooked meat/veg, no rice or pasta in those days!  Add to that a weekly raw bone and poo was white!

My poo varies in colour, consistency, time of day  ::) the only issue I would go to the GP with is blood.

Sarai

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 03:09:39 PM »

No symptoms of gall bladder problems that are new. Had mid back pain on and off for years. Hubby had gall stones so know what pain he had.
I'm so fed up, My diet is good full of nuts and seeds and fruit and veg, dont drink, smoke not over weight (so boring arent I).
I've bought cherry juice today see if that changes things then Ill know diet is the cause.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 03:12:21 PM »

Cherry juice will be excreted via the kidneys and should not impact on the bowel.

Stop looking  :-\

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »

I don't look in the toilet bowl, I have no idea what colour mine is or what colour it should be but it is reassuring to know others have seemingly trivial health concerns that really really matter to them.  Hope you get some reassurance soon sarai

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 07:22:54 PM »

Hello Sarai.

You have my sympathy, it's amazing how anxious the menopause can make us isn't it? I had problematic bowels for years and didn't particularly worry, just got on with things, since the menopause hit I check my stools daily. To be fair I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis within months of my periods stopping but I have been well for a long time and my last Colonoscopy was normal but I still fret.

I did a lot of research on UC and I must say your diet actually sounds excellent for the bowel but I wonder if the B Vitamin tablets contain a bulking agent that is colouring your poos?

I know it is ludicrous to say don't worry but it doesn't sound as if you have a problem, just an over-active menopausal imagination, a bit like the rest of us!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »

Generally if it's lighter in colour it means it's passing through your digestive system quicker than normal.
That could just be down to eating more fibre.

I think if you google you can find a colour chart  :o

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 09:13:46 PM »

:o indeed ……….

Sarai

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »

Thanks ladies. Today I did another inspection and told myself the truth, I think actually the colour is ok. Now what shall I worry about today. I know, my healthy diet and meno stress has caused me to lose weight and to think once that would have made me so happy :(

Cthrnstowe

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »

I cannot believe I'm reading these stories, I was worried about my poo a few weeks ago, off I went to the doctors yet again, had to return the following day with a sample, yet again results come back no problems xx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 03:24:49 PM »

I had 4 very elderly pets and I was constantly watching for changes in their health  :-\ - it wore me out.  I spent 10 mins. watching each 1 daily as they aged ….. to make sure that I didn't miss anything. 

Before I go into a closed in space, i.e. a shop, I check from top to bottom to see if anything is 'off'

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »

This exact health anxiety has been the story of my life since last fall (or even earlier). Poo color, poo amount, poo size, poo shape, poo texture...you name it... As far as the lighter color, I had that a couple of weeks ago. I had eaten quite a few plums for a few days in a row, so I think that sped things along a little.... ;)

Today I'm driving myself crazy with many toilet visits again (not loose stools, but only a little bit a a time), which actually has not been the case for a little while now. I THINK it is at least partly due to the fact that I have "forgotten" my veggies the last few days and that my body needs more bulk/fiber. That, along with the crazy hormones, I suppose... I've just had another weird period with not so much bleeding but big, itchy boobs and headache. Byt the way, and a little bit off topic, does anyone else have LARGER boobs than ever before in peri??? Is that a "normal" symptom?

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 12:04:56 PM »

I've noticed changes since I had my gallbladder removed - in general everything feels slower!  I've been told I have "sphincter of oddi dysfunction" - which baffled me until I googled it - if I take any opiate based painkillers, codeine, tramadol etc, I get the same pain I had with gallstones - which is a bit disconcerting to say the least.  Apparently this is not common following gallbladder removal, but does occur.  Trust me to be amongst the lucky ones  :o
Pages: [1] 2