Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Excessive sweating/flushes??  (Read 2372 times)

Chi chi

Excessive sweating/flushes??
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »

Hi everyone, just returned from holiday abroad and I've been dripping in sweat since? While on holiday I also found I couldn't sunbathe as much as I usually do as I was just too hot and uncomfortable/irritable.
Before we went I found out I had a water infection which I took antibiotics for, I didn't really have any burning or stinging just felt tired and generally run down, I still feel like that now  :-\ didn't really get a lot of rest on holiday as hubby's snoring was really bad and I wasn't getting to sleep until 3 in the morning most nights so it could be down to that? It's the sweating that's bothering me most now, it's literally dripping off me  ???

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance  :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Excessive sweating/flushes??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:08:03 PM »

Sounds like you may still have an infection Estelle - I'd get to the GP for a test. DG x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »

I agree with DG Estelle. Are you sweating continuously or is it, say, every so often. My hot sweats used to be really regular - I could set my watch by them. There would be twenty minutes between them - they would last for five minutes - die down - and then fifteen minutes later another one would happen.

Out of interest which antibiotic were you given. Some of the older ones do tell you to stay out of the sun.

Taz x

Sunnydays

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »

I've always loved the sun but have never been able to cope well with it, even years ago, when the word meno most probably wasn't within my vocabulary.
I'm not long back from hols to a hot country and was sweating more than usual whilst there and when I came back. It's also been quite humid round where I live recently and very hot. When I got in the car yesterday to go out in the day time, it was so hot the sweat poured off me. I have to remind myself that it's the heat not the meno causing it (although could be making it worse).
I don't think any of the above will have been much help Estelle and would just say the same as other posts ie if Symptoms  are the same, it would be worth visiting GP again.

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »

Thanks for the replies  :) I got some home test sticks this morning to try. Both the first and second showed blood in my urine so it phoned the Drs and went in for another test, there's showed no blood but borderline infection?  He was a junior and was going to prescribe more antibiotics but wanted to check with superior as to which ones? Anyway the superior suggested he send the sample off and hold off on antibiotics so I've to ring back in a few days for the results.
The junior Dr said the blood could be from a period/show which was approx 2 weeks ago although it was more of a show (brown) than blood.

Chi chi

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 04:41:39 PM »

Wondering if this is the start of menopausal symptoms "down there"??

Jenna

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 07:49:26 AM »

Wondering if this is the start of menopausal symptoms "down there"??

I think you could be right Estelle - red blood cells in your urine with no infection can be a sign of atrophy. (I have this and use Estriol cream, although I know most ladies on here seem to prefer Vagifem). Hope that helps!

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 07:54:51 AM »

Thanks Jenna, yeah I think I might ask to try something more "local" I've read it's good for bladder control, urge incontinence etc, this is a real issue for me I'm always going to wee and just can't hold it when the urge comes  :-\

Jenna

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 08:00:03 AM »

I think Vagifem is usually best for bladder issues, Estelle - hope it works for you. :) Let us know how you get on with it all! x

Chi chi

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 08:01:32 AM »

Thanks Jenna  :)