Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Exercise DVD recommendation please...  (Read 4369 times)

SueRoe

Exercise DVD recommendation please...
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:55:22 PM »

Can anyone recommend an exercise DVD to do at home? I'm not getting out for walks like I was and I'm gaining weight and feel less fit. I could do with a DVD (not an online thingy) that I can do in a small room that doesn't require any equipment (weights or whatever) and doesn't involve lying on the floor at all / much. I need to get fitter and to reduce the size of my thunder-thighs. I've borrowed a few DVDs over the years but they have been awful (too much chat and not enough exercise, or far too fast and complicated for me). Maybe they're all like that... Any tips would be great thanks.

Linsey44

Re: Exercise DVD recommendation please...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »

I like davina mccall dvds.

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »

I have the fitsteps DVD at home, great fun to do!!! and its a little different to traditional exercises

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 09:46:26 PM »

Not DVDs but : hoovering, dusting, cleaning windows - all burn calories.  Gardening: hoeing, pushing a barrow etc..  Skipping ?  ;) I tried a few years ago but couldn't remember how and bought a hoola hoop - couldn't do that either  ::).

Singing along whilst you do housework ……… run up stairs ………..

Let us know how you get on!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 01:06:30 PM »

Oh I was skinny too until the belly muscle dropped earlier this year  ::)

Cycling?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 09:14:32 PM »

;D

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »

hire the specsavers ad lady  ;D

youtube has a lot of exercise routines?

notgivingin

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 06:06:15 PM »

Hi Freda, I dont know if you like Pilates?  I purchased Darcy Bussells DVD, the music in the background is amazing and she really
explains it all so well. Its no cardio high impact thing so you may get bored or frustrated but for general well being, toning and strengthening its great. I have gained a stone in the last year from lack of exercise so have hit the pool - its definitely working , legs , back fat and hips all reducing pretty fast but as for the wobbly belly - huh! Its just there -protruding as ever and if anything
looking bigger because everything else is getting slimmer :-\   All I am doing is 15 minutes back stroke three times a week and Im panting and huffing throughout as I dont stop but it feels soooo good and I am really energised afterwards.

My GP I saw last week who I poured out to says exercise is THE best thing to do for ladies in menopause. I must say I am starting to feel a whole lot better apart from horrendous brain fog , I left my phone in a changing room in a shop this morning and had to drive back to look for it and then lost my keys for the 3rd time at the gym having everyone hunt them down with me... so embarassing! 

Good luck with your chosen regime!

karenja

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 09:24:38 AM »

Hi Freda I'm exactly the same used to be thin, used to walk, use the stepper etc now do nothing and put on weight, hate it, I'm looking for a DVD to help
Too x

getting_old

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 09:47:08 PM »

I really like the Leslie Sansome Walk Away the Pounds videos I found on YouTube. There's a good selection of different length walks so you can do a shorter one if you don't have much time, and there's a couple of variations of some walks.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 08:16:43 PM »

You could trawl the charity shops first, I find loads there  ::) - probably for a reason but don't let that put you off  ;)

Housework is good exercise too !  Running up stairs helps.  Let us know how you get on!