Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Tens Machine...any opinions  (Read 3236 times)

honeybun

Tens Machine...any opinions
« on: August 08, 2015, 07:08:27 PM »

I have been offered one to use on my back.

I have used one before....they were just coming into use when I had my son and I used one when in labour...not sure it worked  ::) as I ended up with an epidural.

Has anyone used successfully for back pain and is it worth trying.

Honeyb
X

dazned

Re: Tens Machine...any opinions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 07:11:27 PM »

If you have been offered a loan of one surely it's worth a try ,it might give you some relief. As you say they offer it in labour so it can't do any harm  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 07:15:37 PM »

Just wondered if it was worth while getting hooked up to it, but like you say it's worth a go.

Honeyb
X

dazned

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:16:52 PM »

When in pain try anything no matter how unlikely that's my motto !

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 08:02:19 PM »

If it's available to try then it would be worth a go.

ellie

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »

I have tried one honeybun and it didn't do anything for me, but everyone's different, and you won't know until you try......sorry I wasn't much help :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 09:29:11 PM »

My DH used one - can't remember which part of the body  ::) but I do remember that he found it useful.  What have you to lose?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »

I tried using the Tens machine during my labour - it's difficult to know whether it worked or not - I got so tired with the pain I ended up having pethodin (not sure how you spell this) which knocked me out through the next 8 hours or so and when I came round I had enough energy to push baby out.
I do know someone who has used Tens for back pain so I think it would be worth a try - there's nothing dodgy about them, they are not drugs or invasive in any way so quite safe to use. DG x

marras

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 07:23:02 PM »

Yes, I have used a Tens machine for my back which goes into muscle spasm and causes great pain. It enabled me to stand up when I had only been able to get about on all fours! I found it a great help.
I have also found the Osteomat absolutely wonderful for back pain. Good luck, I hope it works for you.

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »

Sitting here hooked up . Very strange sensation but not unpleasant.

Honeyb
X

SueRoe

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 07:48:23 PM »

I've used one I got from Lloyds chemist for about £12 (I think) and found it to be good for an aching upper back / neck / shoulder. Surprisingly powerful action for something that runs on batteries - if I turned it up beyond a strong tingle it was quite unpleasant  - muscles seemed to get very agitated and jumped around quite strongly. Relaxing if you get the level right which is bound to help tense sore muscles ! Don't know how effective it would be for proper nasty pain though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 09:42:37 PM »

That's the TENs machine then Honeybun  :-X  :D

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »

I have one that I got from Lloyds as well, bit more expensive (around £30 I seem to remember).  I got it at the time my back was extremely painful and was already having some treatment using one from my physio.  She was happy with the one I'd chosen and showed me how to use it - mine has pads and you can either just have the massage/vibration bit or if you plug it in you can have heat as well.  I still use it once in a while if I get a flare-up and wouldn't want to be without it.  Hope it works for you HB  :)

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »

It did work a little bit I think. It certainly does distract you from the pain. I will try again tonight. It can't hurt.

Honeyb
X