Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Anyone not take anything?  (Read 17335 times)

babyjane

Re: Anyone not take anything?
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »

that's ok it wasn't a criticism, sleep deprivation is awful, I sympathise.  It's just anyone anywhere can read the non private threads.

What do others think?

Briony

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2015, 10:57:51 AM »

that's ok it wasn't a criticism, sleep deprivation is awful, I sympathise.  It's just anyone anywhere can read the non private threads.

What do others think?

I think it's a good idea as it makes finding relevant information and threads you're more likely to be able to respond to so much easier. For the same reason, I think having a separate part for those of us who're in premature or early menopause would be handy. However, as HB pointed out, when she tried to set up a separate section for natural remedies - something which members supported - it wasn't permitted.

babyjane

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »

I think a thread can be started though.  I will start one and see if it is popular or not.

Briony

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »

I've just come across this on Dr Annie Evans' website. It's about ways of managing PMS but I the suggested treatments might be relevant to peri/menopause too. The reason I've put it on this thread is that it covers  non HRT treatments too (scroll down). Hope it helps, B x

http://www.drannieevans.com/#!premenstrual-syndrome-pms/c1c1z

SadLynda

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »

Thanks Briony, that was a good read and a great definition to 'try' explain to others what is going on.

JUST ME

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2015, 11:39:05 PM »

Hi Gill, just seen your post - have noted also in the anxiety section.. had very emotional and anxious experience 6 years ago as M cut in, - struggled badly and went on HRT to save my career, then after 6 months stopped it and went back into the crazy world - this continued for about 5 years and very slowly got better so now I can cope ish and only cry occasionally and hot flush maybe once a day. Nights a bit broken but am hopeful - it had been very upsetting, so if, like me you prefer not to take stuff , then there is hope. I am afraid I would rather not have to go through it or for anyone else to, no one tells you how bad it is, least of all the 26 year old GP.. so no meds and a bit of mindfulness and some swimming,,,

Suzi Q

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2015, 12:15:37 PM »

Reading through the multiple threads it seems to me that almost everyone here is on some kind of treatment. I know I am generalising, but seriously, is there anyone around who doesn't take anything - by which I mean stuff specifically for meno? I really don't want to take anything - and I know circumstances might force my hand - and I would love to hear from people who have made it through/continued post-meno without taking any prescribed meds.

Me myself dont know a single sol person not even my B....y sis inlaw
I didnt take HRT went right through meno at 37 finished 20 years ago last period 24th Aug 1995(diary)
By December 1995 I was the B... troll from hell postmeno for me was worse that pre or meno
By Feb 96 I was put on Mini Pill and Ortho gynest as sex was hard and I wanted to KILLLLLLLL
I went on Ovestin and the mini pill about 2 years later
Since 2010 Ive been on Vagifem ONLY as I got severe Vaginal Atrophy through going over so young
AND not taking anything. Jst take it one day at a time But I will say if I had my time over again
I would snatch the HRT out of the GPS hand not cos of the symptoms I coped with them
BUT the ATROPHY Id not wish that on anyone

Sarai

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2015, 12:49:12 PM »

I'm trying not to take anything right now. I just wish I knew somebody who feels like me right now in my friend circle.
All my friends are in meno a long time ago, many say they took hrt but it did nothing for them so they gave up others, of course say they sailed through it.
Its a very lonely journey and I am really scaring my daughter who is only 29.

Briony

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2015, 04:22:45 PM »

Thought I would post this link, even though someone else has posted it in a different thread, as it may be of interest to people looking for something other than HRT. I thought it was great. The bigger the bubble, the more (potentially) helpful it could be. Scroll down for the other half of the grid.
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]