Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Toenail fungus  (Read 1593 times)

marras

Toenail fungus
« on: August 05, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »

Hi ladies, can anyone recommend a remedy for toenail fungus please? I have tried tea tree oil and soaking them in a vinegar solution. Am ready to try an over the counter remedy but there are so many to choose from and they are expensive so wonder if anyone has had success with a particular product?

Greyhoundgal

Re: Toenail fungus
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »

I've been using tea-tree oil on mine, you do need to use it every day though.  Mine was quite bad and almost down to the quick on my big toe.  After just over a month's treatment the top half of my nail fell off making it much easier to treat the underlying area.  I see a chiropodist once a month and she's happy with its progress  :)

marras

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 04:41:52 PM »

Thanks for that, I think I'll keep on with the tea tree oil then. Didn't realise there had been other threads on the subject so a lot of info on there as well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:25:58 PM »

Let us know if it goes away - sometimes these mushroomy things can hang on a bit  ::)

marras

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »

Yes, I will CLKD, and thanks for your interest. Seems it is a bit of a devil to get rid of!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 10:51:15 PM »

Go barefooted.  Keep your towels etc. separate from the rest of the families and BOIL WASH them!

Mycil powder used to work  :-\