Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: work tomorrow  (Read 1732 times)

LW44

work tomorrow
« on: July 27, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »

Hi

well im back to work tomorrow after 5 days off... and im worrying already if im going to be ok.. only in for 4 days then off to anglesey for a week. then a week at home.. feeling better everyday since stopping the norethistrone..just 1mg oestrogen only now.. sure i must be due period.. lots of pains and tiredness.. just been into town for a couple of hrs with my son and im shattered... still having low mood and a bit of agigtation when out and about.. and not enjoying shopping which i usually do.. when low feelings come it triggers fear... but trying to ignore.. i am hoping things even out once i have period?  feels like time of month but worse..is this normal till things settle?

Briony

Re: work tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »

Not that it'll be much help, but yes, I think what you're describing is very common amongst the ladies on here. Losing my love of shopping was in fact one of my first non-physical symptoms. I suddenly didn't enjoy my sneaky Sunday afternoon trips into town (the thought of driving in seemed like too much of an ordeal!).  On the plus side, I did manage to save for the first time in my life (even internet shopping lost its appeal as I would worry in case I wasn't in when it arrived!!).

Sadly, now I am getting things sorted medically , I am finding that the old credit card is back to making its regular Sunday appearances (anything to avoid the thought of work on Monday!).

Hang in there - one of the few good things about hormones is that symptoms often do calm as your levels re balance x

LW44

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »

ooh as bad as it sounds cant wait till i enjoy again and spend spend spend !  been through a rough few months.. but starting to see light :-)   what have you had perscribed if you dont mind me asking? glad your on the up :-)

Briony

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 05:31:40 PM »

Not at all: I tried Evorel 50 patches at first which helped a little, but then went onto a new pill called Qlaira as it was more controlling. This has helped a lot - though it has taken nearly half a year to get me back on my 'cheer myself up on a wet Sunday' shopping missions. HRT/the pill is not for everyone, it's a very personal choice, but for me, it's been a good move thus far,
Good luck x

LW44

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 05:47:22 PM »

dont think i can take the pill because of norethistrone.. im intolerant... so consultant at work said stop taking the green tabs in elleste duet immediately. and just carry on with oestrogen.. due to see him tom morning when in work... just for quick chat...then plan to be refered through my health insurance from gp... my hormones are only slightly abnormal... few missed periods..hot flushes..so fingers crossed x

Briony

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 05:51:32 PM »

Have you looked into Utrogestan? It's a bio identical progesterone which you can take either orally or vaginally (fewer side effects if you go in from below!). Lots of people on here have been pleased with it. If you prefer tablets, Femeston has a more user friendly progesterone than  Norethistrone (which, I think I am right in saying, is notorious for its side effects?). Hopefully Hurdity will be along to confirm x

LW44

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 06:19:01 PM »

yes going to discuss with the consultant.. i think gel will be more suitable.. just waiting for mood to lift..come on my period..and hopefully good to go...ish x