Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tissue/Cell Salts  (Read 9277 times)

Cassie

Tissue/Cell Salts
« on: July 22, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »

Does anyone use these, I have been reading up about them, there are different combos for different ailments, was just interested to hear if anyone has used them. My friend always dosed her kids the moment they were coming down with a cold with the salts and another friend swears by them for leg cramps....any input?
I have seen an all in one combo sort of a daily tonic which I thought may be worth trying, they are relatively inexpensive but dont want to waste my money unnecessarily.

Hurdity

Re: Tissue/Cell Salts
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 06:34:56 PM »

Never heard of them!! Sounds like a fancy name for something though! I mean - we're made of cells so everything we eat and imbibe has an effect on some cells somewhere! It depends what the salts are and what they're supposed to benefit... Perhaps you could link to some info and I'll have a read...

Hurdity  :)

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 07:12:42 PM »

Or perhaps ask your friends for their input as they have used them.

Don't have any experience myself but would be interested to hear of your experiences.

Honeyb
X

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 07:58:36 AM »

Sorry Hurdity am totally illiterate when it comes to the internet, but I copied a bit of info below:-

What are they?
Tissue salts, also known as "cell salts" or "biochemistry salts", are the same minerals that are found in rocks and in soil. What's interesting is that they already occur naturally in the human body, which means that an imbalance or lack of certain ones opens the door for illness and disease.
The key, therefore, is to keep the body in balance.

12 basic tissue salts
There are 12 basic tissue salts that can be used on their own, or in recommended combinations, to treat a very wide variety of ailments. They are:

Number 1: Calc fluor - Tissue elasticity restorer
    Number 2: Calc phos - Cell restorer
    Number 3: Calc sulf - Blood purifier, purulent agent
    Number 4: Ferr phos - Anti-inflammatory
    Number 5: Kali mur - Detoxifying agent
    Number 6: Kali phos - Nerve and brain cell agent
    Number 7: Kali sulf - Metabolism, pancreas conditioner
    Number 8: Mag phos - Pain and cramp killer
    Number 9: Nat mur - Water distributor
    Number 10: Nat phos - Acidity neutraliser
    Number 11: Nat sulf - Liver cleanser
    Number 12: Silicea - Skin and connective tissue conditioner

Who can use them?
One of the major benefits of tissue salts is that they're very safe. They're also very inexpensive. However, as with most health matters, it's always best to check with your health practitioner beforehand.

That said, tissue salts are generally suitable for everyone from babies to diabetics and even animals.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 02:17:38 PM »

What is "calc flour"  or "Kali Mur"       â€¦â€¦..         the body detoxes itself without ANY help at all.  I believe that some minerals if taken as extra to the diet is maintained by the body but meno-brain can't remember; Iron can turn pooh black   ::)

If one is eating a healthy, balanced diet and keeping hydrated one should not require to buy any extra 'salts'.  After all, aren't we told by the 'experts' to avoid salt in the diet  :-\

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 02:30:46 PM »

This is not salt clkd as in sodium...google tissue salts I didnt want to add the link as I dont want to advertise a specific brand but there are 12 different ones and each one is used for a different requirement. That is a very summarised version I added. Anyrate was just interested to hear if anyone on the forum used them as I do have friends who swear by them...

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 02:38:50 PM »

:thankyou:

I wonder if you could ask your friends why they began taking them - what symptoms were so unbearable that caused them to look for this type of health support.  What else in their diet etc. they have altered? 

I know that the Pro-cyclists have various types of drinks and gels made up to suit ……… DH brought samples back from le Tour in 2012, samples that were thrown from the various advertising cavalcade lorries  8)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »

Curious that I am  ::) and now le Tour is over for 2-day: I've been wondering:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vitamins-minerals/Pages/Other-vitamins-minerals.aspx

which explains how the minerals etc. in our daily diets work - not having any knowledge of biochemistry in our bodies I don't think about what happens where  ::) when I eat/drink.  I have book-marked this for my own use when I'm less tired as I can't take much info in these days  :(.

Whether we need any 'extras' ?

Gill Mojo

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 07:04:11 PM »

I've had a bit of a wander around the net and I am struggling to find anyone saying anything negative about these 'salts' - a misnomer as they appear to be more about minerals - so I'm gonna say they probably won't do you any harm, but equally I can't find anyone saying they are any kind of miracle... so who knows :D I'm with CLKD on this, eat well, hydrate, move around and you'll do just fine ;)

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »

Thx ladies I am not looking for a miracle, but for balance and I strongly feel that something is lacking in my minerals,  think I will give them a bash got nothing to lose x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 07:22:29 PM »

Keep a food/mood diary alongside what you take?  Do beware of buying off the Internet, a young girl died recently due to taking a 'drug' which is actually for use on the land - she had bulimia  :'( ……. her Mum had no idea she was buying it.

Let us know how you get on and if possible, how your friends have too!

Cassie

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 06:31:42 AM »

Thx will do, I have never bought any drugs off the internet, our local health store sells them as do the pharmacies.
Lovely Friday all x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 12:07:06 PM »

Thank you!  Raining here  ::)

dahliagirl

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »

ACID + BASE --> SALT + WATER  ;D

(Useless bit of o level chemistry I just remembered  ::)  Will get my coat  :-X )

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 03:41:19 PM »

I didn't 'do' chemistry.  Human biology has followed me since the day I was born  ::)

When I ask DH who is a chemist by profession about these types of threads which ever Forum I am 'on', he vies me the ::)
Pages: [1] 2