Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: dont understand this anxiety  (Read 2862 times)

LW44

dont understand this anxiety
« on: July 19, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »

hi..me again..  ;D
just started on the green tabs today of the elleste duet 1mg.. when can i expect to bleed ?
also woke up tearful low and anx again.. :-/  i just want one morning without it.. the strange thing is im eating sleeping.. not waking up at all.. i have anxiety before.. symptoms were so much worse...zero sleep.. eating a banana a day..house bound... as ive said before in a much better place now..due to marry again next year... so the most asked question.. what is going on ? when is this going to end?? i want my life back.. it feels like its been ruined.. dramatic i know... but very angry with it all today.. can anyone relate?  im convinced ive got depression.. have a morbid fear of it ..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: dont understand this anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 01:35:41 PM »

You are unlikely to get your 'old' Life back, it's The Change of Life - hormones cause upheaval including anxiety.  Eating every 3 hours can ease the possibility of surges as it keeps sugar levels stable.  If you get out of bed in the night then nibble a biscuit on your return.   :bighug:

LW44

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »

thats the thing i never wake up... im having a plain biscuit before bed.. i came out stronger last time i suffered..so hopefully the same this time x

Greenfields

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 03:05:26 PM »

You so have my sympathy but the thing is, if you read around the posts on this board, you'll realise that things have changed and you can't get your old self back however much you wish for it.  Acceptance takes time - I know I'm still very much working on that for myself.

The HRT isn't a magical fix and takes at least 3 months for the body to adjust to.  It's best to have a range of different options to help you mentally.  For eg, I meditate, do yoga, exercise, watch my diet, have completely cut out caffeine, take beta blockers, see a therapist, do relaxation exercises ... and I'm still struggling (altho' I had a breakdown in March too).

It's great that you are getting married next year and are so much better than you were but try not to focus solely on the HRT as a solution or wonder when you are going to get better and be your old self - try to focus on how you are in this moment and what you can do in this moment to soothe your nervous system and feel a bit better in yourself ... baby steps.

BTW the anxiety is probably hormonal - there's a physiological reason why you're experiencing it which may bear no relation to how you yourself psychologically are feeling - so keep reminding yourself that you are not your physiology.  But when you experience anxiety, focus on steps you can do to soothe your physiology so that your nervous system calms down again.

Hugs xxx
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:07:19 PM by Greenfields »

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 03:31:22 PM »

Anxiety can be eased by chemical intervention, i.e. short course of Valium to see if it eases symptoms; a beta-blocka; and relaxation, yoga, brisk walking can help too. 

It can be awful can't it !

LW44

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »

thank you for replies, all make sense.  yes bloody awful even more so as cannot find a reason.. but i will keep telling myself its my body . . not whats going on in my mind.. think i am getting low as searching for a reason, questioning myself and obsessing about it x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 07:04:47 PM »

Hormones can cause depression, don't you remember the ups and downs of teenage pre-menstrual days?

LW44

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 07:13:06 PM »

oh god do i !? ;-)   always been hormonal... after babies.. bad pmt... suppose just have to be patient and wait for hormones to level out.. dr said they are not way out but not normal either x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 07:24:36 PM »

Keep hydrated.  Eat regularly i.e. every 3 hours - little and often to avoid anxiety surges.  Walk often.  Swim if you can.  Bubble baths  ;)

LW44

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 09:04:08 PM »

will do thank you :-)
i have to say ive noticed although awful in the morning, till lunch..i am feeling better for longer in the day :-)  also no panic attacks for nearly 2 wks.. so must be some slight improvement and ive not really realised until today x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 09:17:47 PM »

It takes a while sometimes to notice the differences.  My worst time is early morning and once my commitments ease I improve  ::)

peri

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 07:00:13 AM »

Hi lw44

Have you thought about changing your hrt, elleste duet made me terribly depressed.  I switched to evorel patches and have been much better, not perfect but not depressed.  Hope this helps :)

LW44

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 07:18:12 AM »

Hi did they ? was it just in the morning or all day ?   ive only been taking for 17 days, how long did you take yours for before you noticed and stopped ?
also i think i do understand my an especially in the mornings... its the fear of how im going to feel that day .. and as the day goes on i realise its ok... and the anx lifts
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:11:14 PM by LW44 »

peri

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 02:10:02 PM »

Hi I stuck with it 3 months and it never got any better.  Felt better straight away on evorel patches, so was really glad I changed x

LW44

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

i still have periods although erratic.. can i use patches? i will try and finish the month and see from there .. before i started them i was signed off work.. ive been back for two weeks. - although some days hard - tends to be a friday - i have had some ok days after anx worn off xx
Pages: [1] 2