Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Reassurance  (Read 2999 times)

Angel45

Reassurance
« on: July 18, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »

I think reassurance is what I am after!!

I went on holiday 3 weeks ago after a few days I felt relaxed dare I say well, no anxiety, walked my dogs lots, laughed and generally had a great time. Back at work for 2 weeks which has been the usual things happening but stressful at times and bit stressful at home hubby not very understanding and not getting on to well at the minute.
When I started to fall to sleep last night I had what I suppose is one big palpitation that sort of jerks me awake, this has happened about 4 times before but not for a while. This morning I feel so anxious, worried, jittery this morning and not helped myself by googling!! Feel shattered this morning although I slept most of the night. I have got doctors appointment in a month got wait for the one I felt listened to me.

Sorry ladies think I just need a moan and hopefully reassurance that this is just all part of preimenopause

Ju Ju

Re: Reassurance
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 10:48:38 AM »

It's a shame you have to wait so long to see the doctor of your choice, because it is medical reassurance that you need. Palatations are a common symptom of menopause, as you may well know, but it is always wise to check it out.

I have only experienced a big palpitation similar to what you are describing, after being hospitalised with asthma. I did check it out as it was scary, but was reassured that it was likely to be linked to the trauma of what had happened and my heart was fine.

Were you ok while relaxed on holiday? You mention stress and particularly relationship issues with your hubby. This may be the cause of your symptoms, if all is well organically. Are you afraid of the future if these problems continue? Can you talk calmly with hubby or with someone else, a supportive friend or even councillor, so that you can get perspective and see a way forwards?

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »

I first developed palps way before peri and after tests they diagnosed arrhythmia, very common in adults over 40, they hit big time in peri so cut out caffeine, which has helped no end, but I still occasionally get the big ones just as I'm drifting off to sleep which then suddenly wakes me up and I'm left back to square one trying to drift off. 

Annie xx

Angel45

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »

Ju Ju
The week away was brilliant, it was a week with friends competing with my dogs, I had no symptoms at all was lovely just to feel normal which made me think perhaps anxiety is not helping

Annie
That sounds familiar just what has happened, I have cut coffee down to 3 cups of decaf a day but did eat a bit of chocolate, so maybe it didn't help

Thank you

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »

I don't think we can fully eliminate them (without meds) but drinking caffeine mind were on a ridiculous scale)

The night time ones completely shock me but don't scare me

They're becoming less frequent and I've knocked them off my ailment list now but probably have added about 6 new ones !

Annie xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 02:14:18 PM »

I would by-pass the de.caff too  ;D

I get that lurch when dropping off to sleep sometimes, usually guilt related  :-\ or when in deeper sleep, I step off a kerb suddenly which jolts me awake, that can make me queasy sometimes   :sigh:

Angel45

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 05:47:39 PM »

Ok I'll give it a try, got be worth a go,

Thanks

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »

My palps give me a milli second warning , like when you're in a car and go down a big dip, that stomach turning feeling happens then the palp/s

Annie xx

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 11:19:06 AM »

Hi Angel - rather than a palpitation is it a hypnic jerk you are experiencing? They are really common but can be worrying when they first happen. Lots about them on the internet but this Wiki page explains it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

Taz x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 09:11:02 PM »

Hi. I get the exact same thing. Had it last night actually. Went to bed, read for a while and felt nicely sleepy. Switched off my light and was just drifting off when a huge bolt of adrenaline shot through my brain. Horrible. There's no chance if nodding off again when that happens.

Greenfields

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »

A low dose beta blocker might help you with this - I know I was waking jittery in the morning with anxiety and heart racing.  Dr prescribed beta blockers which initially helped but then suggested I take them daily and the dose was too high for me so I ended up feeling really ill (see the beta blocker thread).  However, I'm not taking 10mg dose and don't feel too bad today.
Hugs xx

Angel45

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 04:29:38 PM »

Thank you all, it is reassuring to know that I am not on my own with all this, really does make a difference 😄

Tigs

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 09:24:44 PM »

Thank you all, it is reassuring to know that I am not on my own with all this, really does make a difference 😄
Hi Angel Its Tigs, im a newbie but not newbie to the b..... meno.  When i first started the meno which was nov 14, i cut out alcohol, cut out prepared food, ate raw veggies, oh horribile when they are raw. Suffered really badly from insomnia, read a book of how to cope with insomnia which really helped.  Today i can have the odd drink and eat whatever i like within moderation.  So i guess is this called the post meno?  Have really suffered with depression which started last year so have decided to try ADs and cycling.  Anybody can give anymore advice as time goes on do the sympton get worse or better or a bit of both. 

Would love to hear from anybody to give me advice.  I think the main thing i suffer from is loneliness unable to talk with people as i have just had my two close friends - not friends with me anymore.  You certainly know who your friends are when you suffer with the meno.  So i am lonely and would love to speak with anybody.  Tigs