Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: New saying hello  (Read 1744 times)

catlike

New saying hello
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:06:50 AM »

Hi to everyone at MM

I've been meaning to join for ages. So good to have a place to come to when it all gets sooo crazy (was on Powersurge too- learned a lot there)! And others really don't get it do they! They just think you have depression and need to see a therapist....which i did for a while- it helped a bit. Argghhh- I'm not depressed about anything... love life.... just have no control over this it seems. It's like we've been hit with this unbelievably hard shift.... where sometimes we can't function normally and we're not really supposed to mention it, aaaand we're supposed to carry on as normal- huh?!!!

Well... for me anyway- I am really struggling to carry on as normal. When i think of galvanizing myself to a new challenge....get back in the game.. not worked since 2012 and boy that was a challenge... one of my worst months i can ever remember in terms of swings... just dragged myself through it. Yes i won in the end but oh the struggle.   I am still busy though... but on a schedule i can handle.... no children - just loving (working) partner, parents and my 4 cats. I am amazed and in awe at those of you who do manage to still go to work or are bringing up little ones and going through this!

Am 52.. still peri. Been on bio's for about 5 years. Wish i could say they had saved me... definitely make the good days really good... but i do have awful mood swings and zero energy days which I find so bloomin hard. And the impact my low moods has on my loved ones too. And now, oh joy of joys,.. I've got thinning hair on top! Now that'll be my first thread.. is it the bios causing it or is it just what happens to some of us regardless. Was on low dose of DHEA for a few years.. maybe that was the culprit- obviously stopped when i finally noticed it.  Been reading much on hair loss and am now taking supplements, about to add in iron.

I cycle the prog as body can't handle it all the time. When i come off the prog I'm great for a couple of days then by day 4 i usually get a big drop down into the depths of hellish depression and crying.  Haven't had a bleed in good few months. Was on 100mg for 12 days for a long time but now thinking it may not have been enough to balance the e so last month i tried 200 a day split. Holy moly....can't handle it....even vaginally at that dose. Next month will try 150 split throughout day/eve.  I take estradiol in a cream- usual dose 1.00mg a day- some days bit more when it's really bad. I can't tolerate too much as it affects area under right breast and i get constipated. Take liver supps and now L methionine which is really helping that. The GP tests showed nothing apart from small cysts.

Have been with same private doc since i started the bio journey. Sometimes think maybe I'll be better off coming off them.... but then the low e headache hits and a bit of e cream makes it go away and i change my mind. Or I'm really exhausted and don't think i can even move from my chair and a bit of e cream will miraculously re energize me.... but of course- not all the time.

Anyway- good to be here. Look forward to getting to know you and continuing to learn what works for all of us.

Gill Mojo

Re: New saying hello
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 06:26:48 AM »

Hi Cat, I'm a newbie around here too and a crazy cat lady :D Can't believe I didn't know about this forum before! So much info and the people are so friendly. Hope you have fun here ;)

catlike

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 11:03:09 PM »

Hi Gill

Thanks for saying hi!

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 07:48:38 AM »

Hello & welcome!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:55:55 AM »

I thought I responded last night  ::)

:welcomemm:

catlike

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 12:19:46 PM »

Thanks Dorothy and CLKD!

Was hit with a deep dark one last night, as i got a small show, but no proper bleed after coming off the prog. Feeling low today too.This aint no fun!!!!! Am trying to go easy on self. Considering anti depressant.... although when i did try few years ago it made me worse. May try rhodiala for a while to see if it will help. 5HTP made no difference.

It's just the never ending- or so it seems- roller coaster of ok then not ok.... up down, up down.... sigh...

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 01:20:13 PM »

There are lots of ADs on the market ….. but it can be Trial and Error which is tiring in itself  >:(.

Make time for you.  Sitting.  Dozing.  Cuppa to hand  ;) - it does get better.

catlike

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 01:22:50 PM »

Thanks CLKD. Are you past the peri merry go round? Never thought i would be praying for menopause! I've read that things smooth out a bit and not so many swings.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 01:47:30 PM »

I have been lucky.  My periods became intermittent.  Then went after 2/3 years.  Occasional flushes after I'd taken my evening meds (BB and ADs), itchy insteps when I get into the bath (low oestrogen), itchy back (DH was told to scratch gently) ……

Having had DREADFUL, painful, heavy periods I was glad to see the back of it all. 

I arrived here via 'Ovacome' magazine.