Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 2466 times)

bobjool

Advice please
« on: June 24, 2015, 03:59:32 PM »

Have not posted for a while but would welcome any thoughts on Tibilone I am 59 and just been prescribed this together with vagifem would be interested in anyone who has used this combo and how it performs..........Interested in Bio identical Hormones as well so if anyone has experience of using them that you could share that would be great as want to try to keep things as natural as possible, but its a mindfield out there in terms of info, don't know what to believe .Thanks you all so much, so great to have this forum.

Dancinggirl

Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 04:38:27 PM »

Hi bobjool
I tried Tibolone and found it very good but I've always suffered with spots and it aggravated the acne.  I would have thought that Tibolone with Vagifem would be a good combo to help with meno symptoms and vaginal problems. Tibolone certainly helps libido!! ::) 
I am 59 and currently using Oestrogel with Utrogestan which is the body/bio identical HRT and find it quite good but wouldn't want to use it continuously so I still use this sequentially and have a withdrawal bleed each month. DG x

GeordieGirl

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:38:01 AM »

I'm on 100 mg Utrogestan and Estrogel too, though found that the amount of oestrogen my Meno Doc prescribed was far too high for me. Instead of the 2-4 pumps, 1 pump sees me just fine,  getting rid of the symptoms but without any major side effects.  Both were prescribed for me to take all month round, I do have a break though as I feel I get a build up of oestrogen and my breasts get heavy and sore (and my nipples like coat hooks  :o  ).

It does concern me that I'm getting all estradiol rather  than a mix of estradiol and estriol as our bodies would make, I'm going to discuss this with my doc at the follow up appointment.

GG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »

Hormonin (Tablet HRT) contains a mix of estradiol, estriol and estrone - haven't looked into the details of this though.

bobjool - I also take bio-identical hormones - I use Estradot 50mcg patch and Utrogestan ( progesterone) like Dancinggirl and GeordieGirl. Like Dancinggirl I take them sequentially so I still have a bleed (I'm 62). These are available on NHS - I wanted to be as natural as possible too hence my choice.

I agree it's very difficult to sort out the wood from the trees in terms of info out there - best to read NHS sites, patient.co, and any of the menopause societies - and this website (the main site) is brilliant for up to date info  :)

When did you go through menopause and have you taken other HRT before?

I have never taken tibolone as I've always been a nil-by-mouth gal, me. Good luck with it anyway and keep is posted!

Hurdity x

GeordieGirl

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »

I did look at Hormonin briefly but don't like the idea of an oestrogen pill. I'll question my meno doc on this at my next appointment just in case there's another way around it.
GG x