Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Increased sex drive, vivid dreams, slight insomnia - means?  (Read 6090 times)

Yes, this is what I experienced the last 3 days. Does this mean anything hormone wise? I started my period about a week ago, so I shouldn't be ovulating.... Yesterday I had some weird cramps too.

And add an increase in the need to pee...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:47:08 AM by 20032003 »

Morwenna

Re: Increased sex drive, vivid dreams, slight insomnia - means?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:52:35 AM »

Yes - it means it's all downhill from here! (Make the most of the increased sex drive by the way, it's the only 'symptom' that doesn't last!)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:57:35 AM »

"I shouldn't be ovulating" is not something you can really rely on now 20032003 - peri means that you can ovulate more than once or not at all during the month. Sometimes it's better to just go with how you feel each day rather than try to make sense of it all. It can really take over your life  - although I understand you want to know what's happening within your body.

Taz x  :)

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 09:40:23 AM »

Yes - it means it's all downhill from here! (Make the most of the increased sex drive by the way, it's the only 'symptom' that doesn't last!)

I actually feel BETTER now than I did earlier in the Spring and during the Winter. But, yes, I'll take your advice with regards to the increased sex drive... ;)

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »

From reading about natural family planning during perimenopause, you can get bleeding mid cycle from changes in oestrogen level and this can be hard to tell from a period, so you can still ovulate during a 'period'.

For that reason, periods are a 'no go' time.  (Then you have to add 4 days, and 4 days to any changes in mucus............it is hard to find a time when you can go for it and feel like it at the same time  :o )

As others have said, make the most of it (with more reliable contraception than above).

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »

Sometimes it's better to just go with how you feel each day rather than try to make sense of it all. It can really take over your life  - although I understand you want to know what's happening within your body.

Taz x  :)

You are SO right, but it is so difficult. I had very irregular periods when I was younger and then, during my late twenties (I think) it all stabilized. The last 15 years or so I've really gotten to understand my body and, being a little bit of at control freak in that area, sensing the loss of control is NOT easy... ;)

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »

From reading about natural family planning during perimenopause, you can get bleeding mid cycle from changes in oestrogen level and this can be hard to tell from a period, so you can still ovulate during a 'period'.

For that reason, periods are a 'no go' time.  (Then you have to add 4 days, and 4 days to any changes in mucus............it is hard to find a time when you can go for it and feel like it at the same time  :o )

As others have said, make the most of it (with more reliable contraception than above).

Oh.....sigh... Wouldn't that be the irony.... I have not been pregnant so far in my life and at the age of 46 I started feeling pretty "safe", but what if I got pregnant NOW  :o ?????!!!!! I think my husband would freak out, to say the least... ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 11:36:08 AM »

My Aunt had a child at 46  ;) ……. get to that GP for Contraceptive advice  ;D or start knitting  :P

I expect your symptoms are hormonal.  I vaguely remember that increase in sex drive at 'certain' times of the month!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 09:16:20 PM »

Like sparkle I have tied myself in knots trying to spot a pattern in my mood swings and anxiety. I knew they were linked to my menstrual cycle in some way because I could go several days or even a couple of weeks feeling perfectly normal.

But there was just no pattern. Some months I would feel very depressed and anxious prior to my period. Other months I would be fine prior to my period but then experience depression and anxiety when I ovulated instead. But then the next month I could feel so happy and relaxed when I ovulated that it made me feel stoned.

In the end I gave up because it was making me stressed and almost paranoid.