Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Aha! Found you guys  (Read 4346 times)

Sausage

Aha! Found you guys
« on: June 19, 2015, 08:34:51 PM »

Thank goodness! I thought I was being a drama queen with all the crappy symptoms!

I'm 49 and been peri for about 3 years I guess..

Had an awful week last week - I felt like the HRT (premique) wasn't touching the sides and the lack of sleep was sending me doolally. Off to the lovely doctor. He is lovely. However, clearly knows zip about the menopause! He asked me:

'Do you think your problems are from the menopause?' Er. Who is the medical professional here?

'Do you think you are depressed?' Goddamn right I am! I feel old, knackered and hormonal...

So. I asked him to change my HRT to Elleste Duet 2mg (after trawling through this forum - thanks girls) as I am still having irregular periods. I bought Menpace and a large bottle of gin.  ::) Three days later, I slept! No night sweats!

Anyway, forgive the rambling (no, I haven't opened the gin yet) and thanks for reading

Sausage x

honeybun

Re: Aha! Found you guys
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 08:42:34 PM »

:welcomemm:

Get that gin open girl and welcome to meno madness

Nice to have you with us.

Honeybun
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 09:18:18 PM »

Hi Sausage and welcome to MM
You are certainly not alone - keep posting, we are here to support you.
If you were on Premique then you were on the wrong type of HRT anyway as this is a continuous HRT which is given to ladies who are post menopause. Premique and Premak are the old fashioned types of HRT but are often prescribed because GPs have given these for many years and it's cheap!!!. You are clearly still peri meno so the Ellest Duet may well be better for you. Do let us know how you are doing after the next couple of months when this HRT settles down. You should get a withdrawal bleed after you finish the progesterone stage as Elleste is a sequential HRT.
A tot of gin will probably do you a power of good - cheers!!! ;D
DG x

Sausage

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 09:58:44 PM »

Well, thanks ladies!

DG - I can't believe I had to point out to the doctor about Premique being more suitable for postmenopause.  Thanks for confirming what I suspected...

I just have reached the stage where if I have to grin and bear it, fine. But not until I have explored all options first... 8) I'm a bit of a fighter so will try to keep upbeat but sometimes I feel (to quote my mum when she went through this) I am wading through treacle.

Strange how no-one bloody warns us about the menopause - I think a bit more of a heads up to ladies would be nothing but advantageous...

Oh.

The gin magically got opened.

Fantastic to have an understanding man in my life!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 08:18:01 AM »

;D  ………..  :welcomemm:

You'll fit right in ………. see you've been browsing already  ;)

Now I don't drink alcohol but we do likes a  :cupcake: or several  ;D

Let us know how you get on with the Elleste and keep your GP informed too!  Maybe point him in this direction ……..

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 08:20:55 AM »

Hi there. You must have some willpower not opening the gin Sausage.  ;D

All I got told about menopause was maybe heavy periods, maybe flushes. Nobody mentioned anxiety, feeling rubbish etc etc. Never knew it lasted so long either.  Thank goodness for this forum. I've learned so much since joining.

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »

Me too cubagirl  :)

hello sausage and welcome  :welcomemm:.  Glad you found your way here and it sounds like you gave a good GP like I have.  I wish all these ladies could have a good and understanding GP.

Dorothy

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 01:33:55 PM »

Hi Sausage & welcome to the forum.

It feels a bit bizarre writing this, as one of my pet names for my dog is sausage.  I know she's clever, but... ;D

Sausage

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 03:43:32 PM »

Woof!

Through the foggy haze of the week from hell I had last week, I could only come up with the name of my favourite food for a user name.

Lame eh?

Gin opened...

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 03:48:36 PM »

<passes over glass>  ;) ……….

Sausage

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 03:54:43 PM »

;) Help yourself CLKD

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »

:thankyou:

:drunk:

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »

sausage is a good name, it's fun  :yes:.  I couldn't think of anything original when I chose mine  ???

Dorothy

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 10:20:43 PM »

Sausage is a great name - as for the confusion caused by me thinking I am typing a message to my dog...everything is so confused in my life at the moment that a little more can't do any harm.  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 11:27:55 AM »

:bighug:  Dorothy
Pages: [1] 2