Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: So tired and drained  (Read 14224 times)

Chi chi

So tired and drained
« on: June 19, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »

Been feeling like this for a while now, so tired but unable to sleep when it's bedtime  :-\ still not feeling better after topping up my implants either? Not sure if the low mood is affecting my sleep or the other way around??
I'm trying to resist napping in the afternoon to catch up hoping it'll help me sleep at night  but not happening  ::) I'm usually first up in the morning but finding it hard to wake up and get up  ???

Joyce

Re: So tired and drained
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 02:38:21 PM »

Every sympathy with that one Estelle. I'm the same. I resist urge to sleep during day, then too tired at night. If I do nod off in the daytime, still can't sleep at night. Dragged myself out of bed today. Hubby says he's been waiting to go for swim until I got up. I really wanted to skip it today, but went anyway. I'm just back from trip into town & I'm pooped.

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »

Horrible isn't it but good for you going swimming and making the effort  :great:
I'm exactly the same after a walk around town, knackered and drained and I'm only 40! God knows what I'll be like when I get older  :o

Briony

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 04:51:34 PM »

Do you take anything, Estelle (HRT/pill etc?) x

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »

Yeah I have estrogen and testosterone implants, last blood test my e had dropped dramatically since having them inserted so I have to top it up with gel, supposed to use 2 pumps per day but been having 3, I also take Vit D and a couple of AD's. I've got a bottle of Niacinamide sat here to start but too afraid lol  ::)

MrsMopp

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 08:24:11 PM »

Have you had your thyroid tested recently Estelle?  I have all those symptoms too, although I can sleep in the day and at night.  I may as well live in my bed the way things are at present.

After a routine blood test it turns out that my dosage of thyroxine is too high - even though I've been on that dose for over 20 years - and apparently I will improve in about 6 months time after taking a reduced amount.

Briony

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 10:52:01 AM »

I would get your nutrients measured before taking additional vits. I learnt the hard way! I was convinced, as a vege, that all my problems would go away if I took B vits, iron and vit d. I went to a health food shop and spent loads on various tablets.  Several months later, my GP actually measured my nutrients and he discovered my b12 was ridiculously high (to the extent I could have been exacerbating my problems).

Have you thought about swapping from implants to a different HRT method? I've got no experience of them myself, but friends have had negative experiences. Perhaps a patch or higher get dose would suit you better?

Hope you get some answers soon x

Briony

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »

Have you had your thyroid tested recently Estelle?  I have all those symptoms too, although I can sleep in the day and at night.  I may as well live in my bed the way things are at present.

After a routine blood test it turns out that my dosage of thyroxine is too high - even though I've been on that dose for over 20 years - and apparently I will improve in about 6 months time after taking a reduced amount.

Mrs Mopp, out of interest, with thyroid problems, do people feel tired all the time or just randomly throughout the month? Does the fatigue last all day at the same intensity, or are there good and bad moments/days? x

MrsMopp

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 01:33:54 PM »

With me it was pretty much all the time with a bit of variance.  The most obvious sign was the needing to sleep after only being up for 2 hours.

Definitely do as Briony suggests and get your nutrients tested. 

Would a GP do that Briony?

Briony

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 01:57:55 PM »

Thanks Mrs Mopp. Yes, my GP tested my nutrients. Basic iron and B12 first, then a more complex one.  It was another year before he looked at my hormones and found the root of my problems!

MrsMopp

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 04:22:25 PM »

Did he test for Vitamin D too Briony?  Mine did that and I was found to be deficient.  I've been told that as somebody who has an  underactive thyroid I should be checked for ferrous, folate and vitamin B12 levels.  Not quite sure how to ask my GP for that without sounding as if I know more than she does.

Briony

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 06:06:29 PM »

Yes, he did and I was deficient. However, the neurologist who I saw at the same time said so are many, many people and it was a red herring in my case. He had done loads of research into Vit D (something to do with helping people with MS I think) and said that, whilst taking a supplement would do me no harm, he was certain low Vit d was not the cause of my problems. I did take a high dose for several months, secretly hoping it would be the  miracle cure I so desperately wanted, but it wasn't. Estrogen was the first thing to help with the tiredness.

MrsMopp

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 10:59:44 AM »

Yes, my GP said the same re. lots of people being deficient in Vitamin D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 11:17:25 AM »

Because we walk less.  It is noticeable in various ethnic groups to because they are covered up when shopping etc..  About 12 years ago it was realised that rickets was becoming more 'common'.

Chi chi

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »

Thanks for the replies   :)
Yeah originally before the hormones I thought maybe my thyroid was under active Here's my results over the years

TSH 1.34 range 3.5-5.00

TSH 0.88 range 3.5-5.5

TSH 1.18 range was 0.35-5.5

Then in January 2014 I had more tests and they were
TSH 1.44 range 0.35-5.5
Free T4 10.9 range 10.5-20.00
Free T3 4.4 range 3.5-6.5

We decided that I would try thyroxine for a while but I didn't really feel any better so stopped.
Throughout my tests over the last 3/4 years my WBC is quite often raised as in my Neutrophils??
My GP said although my Vit D was insufficient it didn't need treating? Prof Studd on the other hand has told me I need it so I've been taking 1000IU for the last year, have to say I don't think it's made any difference  :-\
My one and only test for B12 was taken back in 2012 and was 3.64 range 180-900 I also had no folate so was given folic acid but again felt no difference  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 4