Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: static hair  (Read 11598 times)

babyjane

static hair
« on: June 19, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »

do any ladies get this?  I used to but it stopped for some years but has recently returned.

What causes it? Is it because my hair is more dry/thinner or could it be to do with chemicals in the shampoo and products.  Do I need to change my shampoo now my hair is older/dryer/thinner?

Cazikins

Re: static hair
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »

I use Aegon Oil & it worked for me as I got this static hair that drove me crazy.
It started after I came off HRT, my hair was one of the first problems I encountered. :(
My hairdresser recommended it so I looked in Sains''' & a small bottle cost £4 but it has lasted for about 6 months & I'm only 1/2 way through it, you only need very little of it & it gives my hair a lovely shine.
Cazi x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 10:35:19 AM »

Dove do good shampoo for the ummm older lady   ::)

Also do you use any conditioner. I do a couple of times a week otherwise my hair gets very lank.

Another wonderful part of getting older and declining hormones.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 11:22:32 AM »

Yes I do use conditioner or I look like a mad professor!  I am allergic to Dove products and I try to steer clear of products with SLS in,  but I will look at the oil you mention Cazikins  :)

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »

Don't suffer from static hair but for the last month or so everytime I get out of my car and shut the door I get zapped!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »

Oh I've had static for over 45 years  ::) ……. I use conditioner on some of the laundry but my hair has settled.

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 05:00:11 PM »

argan oil here too. Great for dry, frizz too.

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 01:15:53 PM »

thanks, I have ordered some Argan oil after reading up on it as I have badly split nails and I can use it on them too it seems  :).  I have also got some organic scent and SLS free shampoo from the Green People.  Used it last night and no static or frizz today  :)

kerrieann

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 08:13:58 PM »

babyjane, could you tell me where you got the shampoo from, i would love to try it as my long hair goes frizzy no matter what i do  thanks

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 09:32:29 AM »

kerrieann I have sent you a PM because I am not sure if I am allowed to posts links and retail places on the forum  :)

kerrieann

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »

got it babyjane  thanks kerrie

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 04:19:37 PM »

Sending thanks to those who recommended Argan Oil.  Where has this stuff been all my life, it is amazing.  thank you for the recommendations  :)

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 06:43:42 PM »

Not sure whether it has been the change of water here but my hair has taken on a life of its own this week.
I hope it settles when I go home otherwise an urgent appointement with a woman with scissors is required  ;D

Honeybun
X

Cazikins

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 11:35:12 PM »

Sending thanks to those who recommended Argan Oil.  Where has this stuff been all my life, it is amazing.  thank you for the recommendations  :)

I know Babyjane - it's brilliant stuff, since I started using it my hair has got its shine back.
Glad it has worked for you too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 11:52:49 PM »

Honeybun - did the frizz effect settle or will a trip to the Grooming Parlour be required  ;)  ::)
Pages: [1] 2